Problem with missing data on current site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with missing data on current site

We had a big problem with a corrupt site on the 19-21st December which we managed to sort out the problem, but due to other problems had to re-install backup from start of 19th and also upgrade to 8.5.2 at the same time

We now have a gap of orders about 50 between these dates that have not been carried over to the new site database

We have a copy of the database from the 24th Dec which has the missing files but not a snapshot

We need to copy these files to the new database,

Question how do we do it, or can someone do it for us for a fee (speed is the unfortunatly a problem)
    Chris Ashdown

Chris

Have you tried the FILE | IMPORT ORDERS option? You point it to the database file, click on the '?' and then click on the file name area for an explanation.

License a new site and try it on that so you are not messing with your current one. That option has always worked in my experience.

Comment

Thanks Lee but not sure how as the database with the missing data is just that a copy of the database made by Jans backup routine not an actual snapshot

Dont really want to make a new site
      Swop over databases
      Than import new snapshot if it causes any other problems, but will do if that is whats needed

Question

Would the out of sequence database orders bugger it up
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

there is no way to merge the orders from 2 sites/snapshots into 1 - manual addition of the 50 said orders is the slow and only method

File|Import will overwrite orders rather than append

Comment

You can use the mdb file with import orders however as Jo says don't because it will overwrite your orders database and you will loose all of your current orders, the only way to get them back it to enter them as offline orders unfortunately and even then dates/order numbers etc will be wrong.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Shoot, sorry Chris, i didn't think of that in your situation, when i have used it, it has been just to bring a site up to date my end on the ordering side. Trying to append orders is where it can get stuck and fall over with duplicates and i think it does warn about this as you try.

Hows about licensing a new site and just importing the missing orders and processing them on that site and then having it as an archive. Its a bit messy but doing that many manual orders is a right ballache. Just call the site after the order dates it contains for retrieval purposes.

Comment

Just done that lee

Many thanks

Made a new site
              Imported lattest site snapshot
              Copied MDB from 24th to New site

Crunched for 5 min and then all looks OK, A few still corrupted but most usable

Oroginal problem was the shipping tables disapeared and would not accept new copy, Support suggested Updating from 8.4 to 8.5 to overwrite actinic, Then copied Shipping data to upgraded site and it worked ok on a duplicate site

Then on 2nd came back to work, started to clean up site and deleted the wrong (original) instead of duplicate (idiot)

In sorting this out had to go back to prev snapshot, but only found snapshots for 6 sites, bloody one I wanted was not taken due to late at night i guess but had taken backup of MDB

Thanks to all for their help
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
              X