Error 404 on Store Sections Link after Creating Home Page Bounce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 404 on Store Sections Link after Creating Home Page Bounce

My site has been up and running for over a year now and I've now started to make 'improvements'.

The last couple of things were to create a home page bounce (which seems to work - if I type in my home page URL it now goes to the catalog) and to alter my RIGHTBOXTEXT to a file rather than just text (which again I'm please with)

My problem is that now if I try to use any of the Store Sections links on the left of each page I get the error 404 Not Found. Also if I try a search the results come back in a different layout with all images missing.

I've tried:

Update Website
    Refresh Website
    Generate Scripts (I didn't follow that all the way through as it was a bit over my head)
    Send Files (I don't know what that did but nothing was available after that and I had to Update Website again)

I've also tried checking and unchecking the box on the Actinic home page called 'Use as Website Home Page' I don't know now what it should be since I now have the home page bounce.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the CGI-BIN or the path to it although I'm now seeking advice before messing around any further....

Andy

A URL would help.

Have you tried removing the 'bounce'?
    If you want to do that then rather use a .htaccess file to redirect to acatalog.

Comment

I haven't tried removing the bounce as yet. It also looks as though the bounce doesn't work properly - If I type in my URL www.hamcor.co.uk then I get the old home page. I was using a bookmark which I've just looked at which is http://www.hamcor.co.uk/index.html

I haven't come across .htaccess so I'll search to find out what it is

I was feeling rather smug this morning - oh how quickly that can change!

Andrew

Comment

Now just about everything isn't working and I haven't touched a thing in the last hour! I'll try removing the bounce later tonight and see what happens

Andrew

Comment

Your url seems to be set to redirect this may be messing things up.

Comment

I may have sorted this (fingers crossed)

I removed the index.html file, re-checked the Use as Website Home Page box and then did the Refresh Website (to restore the original index.html file)

This removed the bounce on the home page and all the links and search were restored.

So for me the Creating A Home Bounce Page in the Help Topics didn't work.

I have taken the line

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='http://www.hamcor.co.uk/acatalog/shop'">

and inserted it between <HEAD> and <TITLE> of the actinic generated index.html file and it seems to work and solve my problem.

I have now unchecked the box Use as Website Home Page so that my edited index.html won't be overwritten.

Andy

Comment

I spoke too soon - although everything worked OK last night it doesn't today (and I didn't change anything). Even with the bounce removed the left navigation links don't work.

Andy

Comment

Why not keep it simple and use a brochure page in domain root as you homepage - it can have the same layout as the rest of the site and can include all navigation, best sellers etc.

Comment

Working...
                X