Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug: Empty AssociatedProduct in Permutation list uses prior value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Empty AssociatedProduct in Permutation list uses prior value.

Problem seen on Actinic 8.5.1, 8.5.2. Not tried any prior releases.

Using a Component with some Attributes, Choices and a full Permutation List.

I set a couple of the first Permutations to use Associated Products and leave the rest at (none).

If I use the following code in a Product Layout:
    Code:
    <actinic:block type="ComponentList">			
    	<actinic:block type="PermutationList">
    		<actinic:variable name="ListIndex">: <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" /><br>
    	</actinic:block>
    Then the following displays:
    Code:
    1: Great Expectations
    2: Pride and Prejudice
    3: Pride and Prejudice
    4: Pride and Prejudice
    5: Pride and Prejudice
    6: Pride and Prejudice
    7: Pride and Prejudice
    8: Pride and Prejudice
    9: Pride and Prejudice
    10: Pride and Prejudice
    11: Pride and Prejudice
    12: Pride and Prejudice
    When I've only set the first 2 permutations to Associated Products.

I was expecting a null value for the other entries.

Screenshot attached in case that helps clarify things.
    Attached Files
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

OK Norman - thanks for this. I'll report it to the team.

Comment

Thanks. I was working on a way to make the Push Button Grid automatically disable the buttons for out of stock associated products when I tripped up on this.

What I was really looking for was a Variable that relects the state of the "Product" column in the Permutation list (can be (None) or a product). Variables seem to exist for other columns but not that.

If there is one I'd love to know what it's called.

It would be very useful to be able to test whether that field has been set or not. A Variable that returns either null or the product reference would be perfect.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

try this:

Code:
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AssociatedProduct%3a%3aProductName%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20NULL" >
        	<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />   
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AssociatedProduct%3a%3aProductName%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20NULL" >
        	NULL
        should show the product name of the associated product, or NULL if it is NULL...

/EDIT - hmm - i see what you mean - the above only works in certain instances... give us a minute...

/EDIT2 OK - here's a workaround - probably not ideal but will let you know if the associated product name is being used (which is what you were trying to display). In the layout "Permutation Grid Row" add an extra column thus:
        Code:
        <td>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
              <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
              NOT SET
        </td>
        this will show the Associated Product Name where there is one, or NOT SET if there isn't one. The "Name from Associated Product" box will be greyed out and unticked so false where there is no associated product... see attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	associatedproductnamenotset.gif
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	542329

Comment

Working...
        X