Resetting Duplicates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting Duplicates

We had a problem with a site whereby duplicates of products did not display a discount message where the original product did.

Using the reset duplicate button sorts this out at product level, but when you have dozens of products with duplicates, is there a way to do this globally ?
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

IIRC I think Jan (MoleEnd.biz) may have a tool for this.

Comment

Thanks Duncan. That looks like it'll do the job.
      Richard Gosler
      Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
      Dorset, UK

Comment

Quick note for anyone who, like me, just spent 15 minutes looking for the 'Reset Duplicates' button - it's on the same toolbar as 'Apply Changes'!
        Lisa
        www.alanaecology.com

Comment

Thanks for the pointer Lisa, a very usefull facility that I had managed to overlook for the best part of a year - much appreciated

Comment

I know Jan has a great tool to bulk update duplicates from the master products but this does not include cusiotm variables.

Manually clicking the Reset Duplicates button works but is not feasible for 1100 products.

How can I reset all product duplicates' custom variables to those of the master product once off?

(Note this is required because the heirarchical import did not set the cv values on the duplicates even though the values were included in the import file for them)

Comment

does it affect anything if you edit the Duplicate Configuration Settings?
              Maybe making it modifiable then unmodifiable again? Does that reset them?
              Just a thought
              Tracey

Comment

Tracey - I owe you one. This is a big site and it has about 40 CVs per product so it took a while but it worked.

Thanks!

Comment

Glad it worked!
                  I've a feeling I've done something similar in the past but not on such a large scale!
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X