Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling in Quantities of Less than 1

Hi all

Will start by saying that I've searched the forum and help files on this...to no avail.

We sell items in bulk - that means that people can buy in any (kg) quantity. All well and good when people want to buy 5kg, 4kg of a product etc - but sometimes people want to buy 0.25kg of a product. It does not work for us to divide the price by (say) 100 and sell in units of 10g for all products (though we do this for some) - so I need to be able to set the minimum sellable unit at 0.25kg so customers can be 0.25 / 0.26kg..right up to however much they want to buy.

Actinic won't let me do this - is there a way around it? We don't stock manage through Actinic so I'm not worried about any problems on that side.

Thoughts / suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

Why not state on the product description that the items are sold in .25g packets and let people buy as many as they want

Comment

Thanks Mal and nice idea but we already have a shop on the ground and I upload items from that shop to the site. There are already a few where I make manual amendments before each upload but with over 2000 items there are only so many I can do that for...For this one I can't change the item description in store and won't be able to manually amend for all items before uploading.

Comment

Show me a url of your site so I can see what you are talking about

Comment

www.kombuwholefoods.com.au

Fruit and veg is all sold in quantities of either each or per kg...Can't sell all 'each' as it only works when all is the same size....Bulk herbs and spices are sold per 10g - which is fine there but would not work for F&V (whoever buys potatoes per 10kg or 250g? - they all sell per kg).

Again - thoughts - lateral or otherwise - much appreciated

Comment

Something similar?

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=0.25kg

Might help.

Andy
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

using my method each product can have a different unit weight eg potatoes 1Kg or spice at 10g - the customer selects the quantity based on the unit of sale. I do it all the time in sites so I dont see the problem unless Im missing something. It has been talked about before as you see

Comment

Originally posted by Goz
                Something similar?

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=0.25kg

Might help.

Andy
                Great answer - nothing positive in there for me but it answers all the questions Thanks Andy

Comment

Im quite interested in this thread as I have a site that is about to sell fruit and veg (UK only so not a competitor) and this one of the problems I need to figure out for myself

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    Im quite interested in this thread as I have a site that is about to sell fruit and veg (UK only so not a competitor) and this one of the problems I need to figure out for myself
                    Thanks for your help so far on it. Looks to me like one for the wish list for the next release of Actinic...Will look now for a wish list thread

Comment

Whats the maximum weight going to be, if there is such a thing?
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

25kg - ideally in 0.25kg increments....

Comment

Hmmm, thats 90+ possibilities.

*thinks again*

My thought was to have choices in kilos (1-25) which would then offer 0.00, 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 thus allowing it to happen, not tidy but...
                          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                          X