Google Problem: More than 100 links on SiteMap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Problem: More than 100 links on SiteMap

It is thought that Google only follows 100 links on a page and as most people know Best Practice is to include a site map for the spider to follow - however when the site map has more than one hundred links, it is also best bractice to have a sitemap group - maybe by having a alphabetised list, that then links through to other pages.

Can anyone think of a way of getting the sitemap to do this, if not then maybe this is a wishlist item.
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Have you tried wrapping the layout to generate the sitemap between different block ifs to count the number of iterations and display accordingly 0-100, 101-200, 201-300 etc? I have done this using the same layout to create LH navigation before.

I am not saying separate pages are good or bad but a solution to producing them.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Now there's an idea - I'll give it a go and report back... If I used php I could perhaps even get the alphabetised thing to work...

I was having a bit of a blond moment yesterday, trying to think of a way to get the built in sitemap to do it - but of course I don't need to, I can create brochure pages.
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

This was discussed last year and a solution posted.

Comment

Working...
        X