Search by custom variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search by custom variables

Ok then, the quick search box is not really an option then, so I thought I'd try the other search option. When I go into the search settings, I can add the custom variables I have created for the products on my website, but these are images and when you search by these or have these as searchable properties, they have the image name as the searchable option. Is it possible to change the names of these so that they make more sense to the customer?

Or is it possible to create a new custom variable for my products that don't show up in the product? (if that makes sense)

the website is http://www.mattressmagic.co.uk/ by the way.

Thanks,
    Tom

Can you not simply create a Custom Variable for your products that is not used within the product layout, is text based, and then is selected within searchable option?

e.g. following the Advanced User Guide and Actinic's help menu examples for creating a variable for ISBN for searching for books [I think that was the example!]
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Can you not simply create a Custom Variable for your products that is not used within the product layout, is text based, and then is selected within searchabl
      Yes, this does work but for some reason it doesn't let me add that variable to my existing products.

Also the products are all on an excel spreadsheet, but when I export the spreadsheet and have a look at it, the new variable isn't in there, so I can't just go through and add to them.

Comment

I take it then that this can't be done?

Comment

Which version are you on?
          I recall there being a bug or issue in earlier versions where exporting/importing of variables was an issue. It should have been resolved in a subsequent patch

edit: just checked - it was fixed in Actinic 8.5.1 release
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

I'm using business multisite v8.0.3. Will that patch work on my version?

Comment

Actinic would always recommend you trade on the most current version of the software.

The patch, or even the full install version, would update your version to 8.5.2, however I would proceed with caution, backups etc.
              As I do not know the size/complexity of your site or design I cannot comment on the ease or success of updating your site.....
              The choice is yours.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Tom,

Since you are on v8.0.3 the recommended course is to download the full version to upgrade your site. The patch would only work for v8.5.0 onwards ... Also please make a note of the suggestions Fergus made, backup etc.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X