update stock not site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update stock not site

Sorry if this has been answered before. I have had a look and didn't see any evidence of it!

I have made a big error and didn't make a product out of stock that has since sold and a customer has ordered one. Although I will be still able to fulfil the order, the stock level is still saying I have lots in stock. and the one ordered didn't take it below the 'no stock' level. I know I can put 0 in the stock and upload but I have made several changes to the site tonight that I don't want uploaded i.e. layout changes, buttons, colour and large amounts of text. Is there a way to just upload the stock levels and not the whole site? (using version 8)

If not, I presumabley could put an order through myself for the remaining stock and when I recieve my order it will automatically adjust the stock levels - a bit of a pain especially as this will probably happen again. Would be nice if there was an easier way!

Any help would be great.

Cheers
    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
    Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

I presumabley could put an order through myself for the remaining stock and when I recieve my order it will automatically adjust the stock levels
    Won't work as you hope. Actinic only updates the products on the web-site when you next Upload. Stock control in Actinic isn't real-time. It's done after a download / upload sequence.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That is a shame. I had better not make the same mistake again.

Cheers
      www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Why not import the snapshot you took before making any changes, upload the site updating the stock, then reimport the current snapshot with your changes on it?

Comment

Yes that would work. It is a good job I took several snapshots while progressing through these changes!

Cheers
          www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X