Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird cart behavior!

Hello ppl from the community,

I've noticed, by chance, a strange behavior in the cart. We've applied a storewide discount of 25%. When adding a product to the cart, the cart page is displayed briefly and I'm bounced back to the product listing. Each time I can see that the discount takes into account the newly added item. But on some occasions (notably clicking on the view cart link or having an invalid permutation warning) the cart gets broken: when adding new products, the discount isn't applied anymore. The products added before viewing the cart are discounted but those added after viewing the cart do not get discounted.

Any ideas?

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Do you have mixed links? Some with www and some without? This is the most common cause of 'suddenly works differently' cart problems.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

well, no; it's not that. And it's not a "suddenly works different" kind of thing or perhaps yes, but the only thing different is an upgrade from v 8.5.1 to 8.5.2. Obviously it only occurs when we have discounts set up and the "normal" behavior of the client browsing and adding items to the cart is followed by a request to view the cart and the resuming the browse/buy behavior. There's a "cart before" and "cart after". In the latter, discounts are no longer applied to added items.

How come? I suspect the answer lies in the scripts, in their handling of the cart.

Comment

Henri,

I just visited the site linked to from your home page and did a test. On the first add, I 'bought' 5 pantalons and discount shown was correct. I then used the Votre Panier link to check the cart, then returned to shopping and added 5 polos to the cart. Only one discount line showed in the cart, but the total amount of discount increased.

It appears to me your cart is functioning correctly.
          Bill

Comment

Ok, so it seems that this does not always occur but try this for me, please:

In the site (www.magellys.com) go to automne:hiver > hommes > pantalons

add the first trouser
            after being bounced back to the product page, add the second on the list
            then voir le panier: you'll see that the 25% discount applies to both trousers
            then continue shopping and go to hommes > chandails
            add the product and view cart; what do you notice? the discount is not applied to the last added product.

I've repeated this procedure several times and with different products and the outcome does not change.

Henri

Comment

No, after adding the chandail, remise increased from €12.50 to €15.41, but the remise line stayed in position after the second pantalon.

Are you sure the amount on remise does not change? You are not being confused by the fact the remise line does not change position?
              Bill

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to examine this issue.

I am indeed confused by the discount line's staying above the last product. Even if the discount (which does not change, btw) is rightly calculated and takes all products added to the cart into account, I wonder why that line does not stay put (ie, at the end of the rows of products). This might confuse my client's customers.

Henri

Comment

Henri,

I am not sure why the discount appears like that. I would suggest raising a support ticket at @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                  X