X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini best seller layout and add to cart

Hi,
    I am using "mini best seller layout" for the front page, design "smart"
    It does not show "add to cart". It says "find out more" and than the customer can click on "add to cart"

How do I add "Add to cart" to the front page (mini best seller layout)

Thanks for your help

Peter

What have you tried so far? have you added the add to cart layout into the mini best seller and tested to see if it works?

Comment

Hi,
      I am new to all this.
      How can I do this. I have gone through the getting started guide and cannot find this information.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Comment

As you may have guessed from the silence from other forum members, this isn't really possible to do.

The 'New Products' and 'Best Sellers' sections in the default store show you how you can generate a marketing list that looks like a standard product list, and add to cart from that, but it isn't really possible to add to cart from the list that appears in the sidebar.

Comment

I can be done but will involve a lot of additional processing time if you have many products.

The following code can be added to a Best Seller or New Product layout to give it an Add to Cart.
          Code:
          <!-- Add to Cart on Best Sellers / New Products -->   
          <actinic:block php="true">
          	$bestsellerID = '<actinic:variable name="ProductID" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />';
          </actinic:block>
          <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
          	<actinic:block type="ProductList">
          		<actinic:block php="true" >
          			$productID = '<actinic:variable name="ProductID" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />';
          			if ($productID == $bestsellerID)
          				{
          				$code = <<<ENDOFCODE
          <!-- START Additional Product Layout Variables -->
          <br clear="all">
          <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />"> 
          	<input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
          	<input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />           
          	<input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
          	<Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                      <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                      <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
          	<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
          	<actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
          		<span class="actrequired">Qty:</span>
          		&nbsp;
          		<input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="2" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e">
          		<input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>"  value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity"/>" />
          	&nbsp;
          	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
          		<actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />
          	<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />
          </form>
          <!-- END Additional Product Layout Variables -->
          ENDOFCODE;
          				echo $code;
          				}
          This is a stripped down layout and doesn't include Other Info / Date prompts. It does allow for Choices and Components.

This works by scanning the entire Section and Product list for each best seller / new product shown. This could require a lot of processing time on large sites. Try it and see.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
            "but it isn't really possible to add to cart from the list that appears in the sidebar.
            I want to have add to cart for the products listed on home page not the sidebar.

Regards
            Peter

Comment

I want to have add to cart for the products listed on home page not the sidebar.
              Then put the code from my post #5 above into the Layouts that these items use.

Comment

I pasted Norman's solution into my home page featured product layout
                http://www.graphicz.eu.com/site1/
                and it looks fine but when clicking the add to cart button I get
                Error: The requested file (acatalog/Books.html) is outside the scope of the script. If you believe the requested page should be served please contact the site operator.
                I have a sidebar product layout on the home page too and this produces the same error on the home page but it does work on other brochure pages. Can we make the 'Add to Cart' button work on the home page - ie. outside the acatalog folder?

Thanks
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer
                SellerDeck Website Designer
                Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Try changing
                  Code:
                  	<input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
                  to
                  Code:
                  	<input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:block php="true">echo basename('<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />

Comment

Thanks Norman, but still the same error. The page source still says
                    Code:
                    <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="acatalog/Tulips.html" />
                    I think we might need some way to remove the acatalog/ from acatalog/Tulips.html as I am guessing that the file ca000001.cgi is expecting a reference to the 'Section Page Name' not to 'acatalog/Section Page Name'.
                    Does that make any sense?

Thanks
                    Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer

Comment

Even if I hard code
                      Code:
                      <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="Tulips.html" />
                      when you insect the element (view source) Actinic has added the acatalog/
                      Code:
                      <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="acatalog/Tulips.html" />
                      Jonathan Chappell
                      Website Designer

Comment

basehref will be intervening there i suspect, what happens if you hard code the full url?

Comment

Thanks Lee - It didn't like that either! Same error.
                          Jonathan Chappell
                          Website Designer

Comment

Whoops! Oh yes it does!

Sorry Lee - The following does work:

Code:
                            <input type="hidden" name="http://www.graphicz.eu.com/site1/acatalog/<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />" />
                            As did this:

Code:
                            <input type="hidden" name="<actinic:variable name="WebSiteURL" />acatalog/<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />" />
                            Thank you Lee and Norman
                            Jonathan Chappell
                            Website Designer

Comment

There's a variable for CATALOGURL, better to use that that WEBSITEURL and adding acatalog, also covers you for when people change the acatalog name that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X