Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies yet again!

Hi,

please go easy on me as this is my first post and new to Actinic.
    I'm setting up a site and have encounted many problems on the way. The advice from this comunity has been an incredible source of info and I thank you all! Especially with 1and1's smtp and ssl

My new problem is that I can't use login without getting the following text...

"This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.

This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here. "

I have searched the threads and so far have....
    1, tried purging the site and deleting cookies as recommended by Nadeem in 2005
    2, have gone to 'Design | Text' and checked the text of ID of 355 which is still standard by Anthony Wright in 2007.
    3, have used a freinds pc 5 miles away with the same issue

has anyone else got any ideas?

the site is http://www.stitchfactory.co.uk
    login as test (pwd:testing)

many thanks in advance
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Forums.

First off, do you intend that people login to your site before using it?

Secondly, you don't say whether you're using Firefox or IE browser. It appears that you have your settings too high on the Privacy tab. If you're using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy > Click on Exceptions and enter your URL in that field.

Similarly, if you're using IE 7 then go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy and then Sites. It's self explanatory from there!

See how you go with that.

hth,
    David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Have you set a privicy setting for your site

Comment

Wow,

thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, some of our corporate clients will log in for individual pricing.

I'm using IE7 with stitchfactory.co.uk set to always allow in Privacy | Sites

Mal, what do you mean by 'Have you set a privicy setting for your site'?
        do you mean in Actinic or as I have already done in IE7?

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

what do you mean by 'Have you set a privicy setting for your site'
          Business settings | Terms & Conditions

Comment

Hi Mal,

I've set - Business settings | Terms & Conditions - to 'Basic + Customer Accounts' but it dosn't seem to make a difference. Is there more to this setting? I've done a search but can't see anything relevent.

Thanks, Chris

Comment

Have you tried with your shared SSL disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by Vonagut

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site
                Chris
                Have you also checked your internet security software?

David
                -----------------------------
                www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Is there more to this setting?
                  No thats it. The whole cookie issue is a problem that crops up now and again and is really down to the customers PC settings so there is little you can do.

I have sites that work ok for years and then get a spate of cookie error emails then it goes quiet again. At christmas my own PC was giving the error on some sites and then stopped after a day or so.

Comment

Duncan,

I have turned off the SSl in - Payment & Security - and can log straight into an account!
                    It is normally set to - Checkout Pages & Customer Login Only - is this correct?
                    Is this pointing to a SSL Cert problem and would a dedicated SSl Cert make any difference? I am using a shared Cert on 1and1 at the moment.

Chris

Comment

Chris, I've already replied here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=12958

You should really only post once as otherwise you get duplicate threads with only half the story in each place.

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You should really only post once as otherwise you get duplicate threads
                        AND people stop helping you

Comment

Sorry,

I did a reply to a thread from 2005 and V7 then thought there was no chance anybody reading it as most people would be on V8 by now.
                          How wrong could I be!

Again apologies,

Chris

Comment

Working...
                          X