Site Nearing Completion - Comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Nearing Completion - Comments?

Hi, after nearly a year (yes a year) I'm just about ready to go live with our site - keen for anyone to have a look (and listen) around the site and point out any glaring errors...

http://shop.chemikal.co.uk

Thanks very much in advance.

Stewart
    CHEMIKAL UNDERGROUND RECORDS
    www.chemikal.co.uk

I like the style of it - nice colour choice and nice to see a black bgcolour used to advantage. The site map button functions nicely as a lister of tracks/albums etc and it wasn't any effort to want to explore your pages, but what struck me were comments like:

all for you, dear consumer.

If you could buy something from time to time too, then we may stand a better chance of feeding our children.

NOW GO AND BUY SOMETHING...

which I found a bit oppresive to have to read - maybe that appeals to a certain kind of punter unless i'm getting out of touch with life (?!) but that jarred a bit. The site can now at least respond dynamically in response to customers/users' experiences as you hopefully listen to them. I would be happy had I created it on a style level, i'd have to use it purposefully to evaluate anyting more.

Hopef that helps you some. regards. Sean

Comment

You have to delve really deep to find any indication of where you are or a phone number.
      Why not add it to the "contact us" page. That is the first place I looked when there was nothing on the home page.
      Personally I found the print a bit small and difficult to read, but maybe I am getting old.
      Otherwise nice clean site I think.
      Brian
      www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

I have to click on 'find out more' to look at a product, why isn't the image clickable. The extended info window is too small, make it bigger, why make me size the window so i can see it.

Black background is too strong and too much of it, it screws your eyes after a bit, try #333333 instead of black, see if that helps.

Text size is a bit small, apart from the delivery info which you can see from 3 miles away.

Think you need a third colour in there also, maybe a chemical green or yellow to go with the name.

Apart from that, nice site.

Comment

Thanks

Sean, Brian and Lee,

I'm very grateful for you taking the time to have a look over the site - in fact doubly pleased because many of the things that were niggling me were also raised by your observations.

We were already working on the background colour as a matter of fact but have enlarged the text, put more info into the Contact Us page and got those New Product images to click through....

All very helpful suggestions so again, thanks a million.

Stewart
          www.chemikal.co.uk
          shop.chemikal.co.uk

Comment

http://www.resonancestore.com/chemikal/ I presume this is your old shop? - the buy links to it could be very confusing to your visitors. They will be shopping in two very similar but separate sites

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

The new shop's not gone live yet - the old shop is only 'holding the fort' until we launch the new one, at which time it'll flutter off to a webshop resting home in the sky...

Comment

The new shop's not gone live yet
                Are you testing it on the posted url?? if so I would remove the link before the SEs index it. If its not a test url then IMO you should have the shop on the same url as the main site.

Comment

Small changes but so much better. It is amazing what a few small changes can do to a site.
                  Brian
                  www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X