Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filename conflict

Hi All

I have just updated a V7 site to V8 and I am getting the following error when trying to upload for first time.

Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

D:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Wallplates\SiteHTML\..\actiniccore.js
    D:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Wallplates\actiniccore.js

D:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Wallplates\actinicextras.js
    D:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Wallplates\SiteHTML\..\actinicextras.js

I have checked the siteHTML folder and there is nothing there. Anybody had this before?

Thanks Steven

Lots of posts on the subject eg http://community.actinic.com/showthr...names+conflict I assume you have searched and tried all the suggested solutions before posting????

Comment

These files should not be in any siteHTML folder, only in the acatalog folder itself.

Actinic uploads these files to the same location, and ignores folders so it cannot upload 2 files with the same name.

You have a /../ (SiteHTML\..\actiniccore.js)

Do you have any subfolders within SiteHTML?
      Can't figure how or why you would have duplicated these essential files?

Maybe a compact and purge is in order?
      Sam
      http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
      http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Can't figure how or why you would have duplicated these essential files
        Its a well know and discussed Actinic problem.

Comment

Hi

Yes I have searched and tried things from other posts but it doesn't cure it.

There are no pages outside of actinic in the site.

I have tried deleting everything in the SiteHTML folder, took a site snapshot and then imported to a new site to no avail.

Don;t know if this is related but I am also receiving code errors in the terms and conditions popup page area, resetting this to factory settings does the trick but then every so often the errors come back.

could this be caused by a coding error somewhere? I have checked the site and can't see anything obvious.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Hi

Sorted it, I took out all hardcoded links that I had used for preview and everything now uploads fine.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I took out all hardcoded links that I had used for preview
              Yep - they would do it

Comment

Working...
              X