Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit products per page

Hi all,

I know that i have read threads that say that this question has been answered previously but i can't find the answer.

If i have a section with 10 products in how do i get it to limit to 5 and then go to another page with 5 on.

I have looked in the AUG but no joy.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers :-)

Its in the AUG - called next and previous links.

Comment

As Lee says, is in the AUG round about page 48 if I remember.

An possible alternative suggestion was put on the forum for comment by me here
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi

The instructions in the AUG is linking to different sections. Not within one section.

fergusw i love your example. Do you have instructions how to include it in the design?

xx

Comment

Yes Kim, you always have to create the sections yourself in Actinic, so it assumes that if you have a section of 10 products and want two sections of 5 each, that you will create the second section, move the 5 products over etc.

There's nowt standard in actinic to do this for you.

Comment

I used fragments to create links to pages 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 >

An example of how i did it can be seen here - http://www.ginnysattic.com/acatalog/...cessories.html

Basically i create the section and set it up so that the sub sections are not displayed, then at the top and bottom of the pages i add a fragment which links to each page.

It's not a quick process but by christ does it make a difference to the site for users, we have in that section over 120 items which would take an age to load if they were all on one page and this was by far the best solution i could come up with.

the fragment text looks like this:

Code:
            !!<<strong>>!!!!<<center>>!!Kitchen Accessories

!!<<h1>>!! !!<Page 1 | <a href="dolls-house-kitchen-accessories-PG2.html">Page 2</a> | <a href="dolls-house-kitchen-accessories-PG3.html">Page 3</a> | <a href="dolls-house-kitchen-accessories-PG4.html">Page 4</a> | <a href="dolls-house-kitchen-accessories-PG5.html">Page 5</a> | <a href="dolls-house-kitchen-accessories-PG6.html">Page 6</a>>!!
             !!<</h1>>!! !!<</center>>!!!!<</strong>>!!
            This is the code from page 1 where the page 1 text doesn't link to anything, on page 2 simply change it so the page 2 link doesnt't link to anything and add the link back to page 1

Another example of how i used this is here - http://www.ginnysattic.com/acatalog/...furniture.html but in this example i didn't use pages and used the furniture colours or manufacturers as the choice.

Code:
            !!<<strong>>!!!!<<center>>!!Bedroom Furniture by type or manufacturer:

!!<<h1>>!! !!<<a href="mahogany-bedroom-furniture.html">Mahogany</a> | <a href="pine-bedroom-furniture.html">Pine</a> | <a href="white-bedroom-furniture.html">White</a> | <a href="white-wire-bedroom-furniture.html">White Wire</a> | <a href="heidi-ott-bedroom-furniture.html">Heidi Ott</a> | <a href="reutter-bedroom-furniture.html">Reutter</a>>!!
             !!<</h1>>!! !!<</center>>!!!!<</strong>>!!

Comment

Working...
            X