Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicates Issue with 8.5.2?

Hi All.
    I'm having problems with duplicate products in 8.5.2 and I'd be grateful if someone could confirm whether they can recreate the following:

I have a product that is available in 3 sizes. I'm using a Push Button Grid to present these sizes to the user so that each size has its own AddToCart button. This works fine until I create a duplicate of the product.

Firstly, when I configure a product in this way the preview window in Actinic (Business Multi User V8.52) displays the following:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting '.' or ';' in main on line 211"

If I add the duplicate product in any size to my basket it appears in the basket with no size information, and no price.
    If I add the non-duplicate product to my basket it appears in the basket correctly with the chosen size written underneath the product name and with the correct price.

The problem appears to be that the product reference is generated using v_ProductID_1 and for a duplicate product ProductID has an '!' in it. This appears to cause problems.

I'm trying to establish whether this is something I've broken or a general issue with 8.5.2 so it would be great if someone else could try this and let me know if they get the same result.

Many Thanks

Dave

I have noted some issues with duplicates, although not this one.

Comment

I reported that bug 3 weeks ago and posted a workaround on http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35114
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman.
        I've used your workaround and my duplicates now work fine with push button grid.

I still get the parse error in the preview window in 'Design' view but it works fine on the site.

Mal: Thanks for your post also.

Dave

Comment

Seems to be back in 8.5.2 and V9

Comment

Duplicate products was the finest feature introduced into v7 but they have come at a heavy cost with all manner of bugs ever since.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I thought we had seen the back of the problems caused by the change to productid but not so it seems.

Dont know whats triggered it as the affected site has been working ok previously but now all the duplicates product references are prefixed by 56! or the like

Comment

Working...
              X