Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Section Descriptions

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Actinic & am having a problem.

I'm using version 8.52 but I think this is inconsequential.

My main problem is that I cannot seem to see the descriptions to my sections on the different pages of the site.

If I fill out a product description, this is fine but If I fill out the 'description' in the 'general' tab of the 'section details' & press 'apply', the information is not put onto the page preview. I have managed to add an image to the top of my sections using the 'image' field in the 'general' tab of the 'section details' & I would have thought that the same process would apply for the description.

Can anyone tell me why this might not be the case?

Which layout are you using for the sections? You may have used one which only shows the image and name. The variable you need in the layout is

<actinic:variable name='SectionDescription'/>

.. switch to design tab, click on the section image and the layout should open in the code... look for a blue variable SectionDescription .. if it is missing add in the above.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

As John says, you may have selected a Section Link Layout that doesn't display the description.

Go to Settings / Site Options / Layout / Section and look for Section Link Layout. You can select a layout that displays the description there.

You can also set this at the Catalog or individual Section level, by clicking the appropriate bits of the Content Tree and looking in the Layout tab of the Section Details.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks very much for your help and suggestions - I'm going to try this right away.

Sam

Comment

Working...
        X