Remove add to cart button when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove add to cart button when...

I've been sucssesfully using the advanced user guide for controlling my choices drop down box. I have bikinis in sizes 6 - 14 and when a size stock level reaches zero that size is removed from the choices drop down box. When all sizes reach zero stock, a message "This product is out of stock" appears. At this point would it also be possible for the add to cart button to be made invisable until more stock is added?
    Sorry about the spelling and I hope I'm making sense, it's getting late or early.

hmm..I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to do it. Usually, the display of the "add to cart" button on a master product would be down to it's own stock level (which is, presumably, not monitored in this case) but you could come up with a condition so it's hidden if all the choices are out of stock, I'm sure.

Not off the top of my head at 10am on a Sunday, mind you!
    I'll have a think about it (and I'm sure someone will come up with a quick way in the meantime!)
    Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by SolSearcher
      When all sizes reach zero stock, a message "This product is out of stock" appears.
      how did you do that?

Whatever you applied to control that message could, in theory, be applied to the display of the "add to cart" button.
      Tracey

Comment

Would this not be accomplished by changing the suspend ordering if below figure from zero to one?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Would this not be accomplished by changing the suspend ordering if below figure from zero to one?
          How?

surely that would only work if you're using stock monitoring on the main product thought?

I presumed that stock monitoring would be switched off on the main prodict because stock is being monitored on the associated products.

Depends how it is set up, of course.
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey, your right stock monitoring is turned off on the visable product, the invisable products have stock monitoring turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by SolSearcher
              Hi Tracey, your right stock monitoring is turned off on the visable product, the invisable products have stock monitoring turned on.
              re. my post before (post 3)
              how is your "this product is out of stock" message controlled?
              Tracey

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I have used the following code:
                In design view of the product I located the line that contains PermutationPrice
                Underneath this, create a blank line and copy and paste in the following code:
                <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAssociatedProductInStock%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false"> OUT OF STOCK</actinic:block>

Jay

Comment

that's not the bit I meant, Jay

you said
                  Originally posted by Jay
                  When all sizes reach zero stock, a message "This product is out of stock" appears
                  So, if ALL your choices are out of stock, you get this message?
                  If so, how?
                  Tracey

Comment

Working...
                  X