incorrect positioning of exact positioning elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incorrect positioning of exact positioning elements

Hi all. I have read some topics on similar issues but have not found the solution I had in mind. The problem is when ever the site is viewed at higher than 1024 x 768 the elements that I have hard coded along with the positions onto the site are no long in the correct place on the screen. I presume the only way to fix this is to have some sort of code to change the positions depending on the users resolution is there any code that can do this or do I have the fix it another way?

The website is www.lowcostplumbingsupplies.co.uk and an example of the code is:
    <div id="newproduct" style="position:absolute; overflow:shown; left:785px; top:123px; width:210px; height:2000px; z-index:0"><actinic:variable name="NewProductListSidebar" /></div>

Any help with where to go would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to double post but here a screenshot of what I mean
    Attached Files

Comment

This is beacuse you are using absolute positioning. You need the div to float to the right rather.

Comment

Thank you for your reply I searched google for information on floating right and have tried this code however it doesnt seem to move the bar far enough right maybe I have screwed up somewhere else in the site changes..., also it pushes the rest of the content down rather than siting onto or next to it I could do with some more in depth help if possible please.

I tried this code:
        <div style="float: right; width: 175px;"> <actinic:variablename="NewProductListSidebar" /></div>

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Perhaps you need to rethink your outer layout design. You may be able to do this easier with tables in your design.

Comment

The trick is to position the parent element with no offset and then position the child element instead .. as the view pane expands and contracts the relatively positioned element will follow suit.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I think this just goes to show how I lack on the technical side of websites. Is there no way I can make the exact positions different based on the screen resolution? I found ways to detect the screen resolution and redirect but not how to make the same page differ somehow. Is this possible at all?

Comment

Doesn't anybody at least know if is a way I can make the exact positions different based on the screen resolution? I found ways to detect the screen resolution and redirect but not how to make the same page differ somehow. Is this possible at all? Please I would rather know its not possible before trying to change the whole design 1. Because its very time consuming 2. The site was based on a template so I honestly don't really know how it works. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X