Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search results appearing at bottom of page

Hi there

Currently on the site http://www.hoseworld.com/ the search results are appearing at the bottom of the page. I have tried reverting the layout to factory settings to no avail.

I have attached screenshots if that helps.

Regards,

Lewis
    Attached Files

Its not doing that for me, if you still have the problem, i would imagine you need valign="top" on the <td> containing the results. Somebody else complained of this recently, if the above fix doesn't do it for you, may be a good idea to search for the previous thread and see what solved that problem.

Comment

It could also be due to your inner content being too wide which is pushing it under the left nav - again several solutions have been posted

Comment

Thank you for both the replies.

I did search for a good while before posting, on Google and on the forums but could not find a similar problem. Would someone be kind enough to give me a link or even just what to search for please?

Thanks again.

Comment

Did you try my solution first? i read the post passing, not sure what to search on tbh. My solution above will probably do it for you, if not then the 600 width Mal mentions is your problem. What browser are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Did you try my solution first? i read the post passing, not sure what to search on tbh. My solution above will probably do it for you, if not then the 600 width Mal mentions is your problem. What browser are you using?
            I'm using IE just now but I am almost 100% sure that when I tried on Firefox I got the same result.

I tried a valign="top" in Design > Library > Layouts > Search Results > Standard Search Result but this didn't work. Was I right to put it there?

Where do I set the width to 600?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, I am new to Actinic so having to learn from my mistakes.

Thank you again,

Lewis

Comment

I'm referring to the Search Results page available on the drop down box on the design tab. The align attribute is to go within the html code, so remove it from where you have put it, in fact take a snapshot before you do any more, this could end in tears otherwise.

Your table is set to 600 so i presume you have that width in your 'actstdwidth' setting in site options, i'm figuring this is perhaps a little wide as Mal says, so either change the width set to 600 to be less or remove the table width that currently uses the 'actstdwidth' on the results page and type in 100% instead. So it looks like width="100%".

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                I'm referring to the Search Results page available on the drop down box on the design tab. The align attribute is to go within the html code, so remove it from where you have put it, in fact take a snapshot before you do any more, this could end in tears otherwise.

Your table is set to 600 so i presume you have that width in your 'actstdwidth' setting in site options, i'm figuring this is perhaps a little wide as Mal says, so either change the width set to 600 to be less or remove the table width that currently uses the 'actstdwidth' on the results page and type in 100% instead. So it looks like width="100%".
                Sorry again for my lack of knowledge but where does the valign go in the HTML?

I have attached a screenshot from within Acticnic, hope this one helps.

I did try searching again but still can't find the aforementioned posts re similar problems.
                Attached Files

Comment

OK, managed to solve this by setting the width to "100%" and omitting the 'actstdwidth' reference.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
                    OK, managed to solve this by setting the width to "100%" and omitting the 'actstdwidth' reference.

Thank you for the help.
                    Problem...this also happens on the Shopping Cart page, I've changed actstdwidth but to no avail?

Thank you.

Comment

The cart has hard coded values in as the widths, these probably add up to more than the area you have given it to work in. Select the cart page on the design tab and get your abacus out.

Comment

You'll find that you will have to adjust numerous table widths in th ecart and checkout pages. Don't forget the PSP bounce pages etc as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X