Best Sellers Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sellers Problems

I am using Actinic 8.5.1 and getting very frustrated with my best sellers. I was sent a snapshot which included a best sellers list which was one example product which I think is a default in new stores.

I have removed this product and added ones of my own which I have checked to say it is a best seller. I have then made sure it is enabled in the marketing option from the menu bar and I have clicked on generate. No products appear in the list below.

I have changed my site options so that the best seller list appears on the left of my site only but when I preview nothing appears at all?

Any ideas gratefully received - please be aware I am novice!

I can see lots of people have viewed this but there are no replies. is this because it is a strange one or maybe I have not described it very well? Any feedback gratefully received.

Comment

Do you see the Best Sellers heading with no poroducts or not even a Best Sellers heading at all?
      Can you post a URL also?

Comment

To be honest, it is not 100% clear what exactly you have done and the status of your site.

Your best seller list will not "generate" if your site is new and there have been no sales.

You need to go into the marketing tab on the menu - choose best sellers - then add the items into the Best Seller list at the bottom of that page. You then need to tick "lock" to keep that best seller before a more realistic best seller list is created based on actual sales.

If you have already done this, then maybe you can tell us exactly where you have made your changes?
        Sam
        http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
        http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

There are no best sellers as standard, it is not switched on as far as i know. The best way to get your best sellers started is to buy the products you want in the list via a test transaction on your site, download the order and then 'generate now' in the marketing menu. They become dummy best sellers then.

It sounds to me like you are not locking the item in the list or that you have parameters set above removing it. Provide some screenshots if it still doesn't work after that. You either have a strange problem or you are being a bit green.

Comment

Thank you - Makes sense now!

I did not realise that you had a drop down list to select a product from your site!

Comment

Working...
            X