v8.5.1 and v8.5.2 Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.5.1 and v8.5.2 Layouts

Layout wise is there any difference between the 2 versions? Looking at installing v8.5.2 but being able to maintain design changes for clients on v8.5.1.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Im using it but have had some odd things happening on snapshots to do with layouts so I would be careful - jo has posted on this as well

Comment

There are three areas that layouts differ between v8.5.1 and v8.5.2

The meta tags in 8.5.2 are now the same on brochure pages and product pages and look like this:
      Code:
         <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22%29%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsStoreFrontPage%22%20%2f%3e" >
            <!-- Meta tags entered into the green 'Online Catalog' icon -->
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GlbMetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
               <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaKeywords" />" />
            </actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GlbMetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
               <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaDescription" />" />
         <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsStoreFrontPage%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20TRUE%29%20OR%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
            <!-- meta tags for individual section and brochure pages -->
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
               <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaKeywords" />" />
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
               <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />" />
      Product quantity fields are now hidden if a customer group isn't enabled. There's some code in product layouts to support this
      Code:
           <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29" >  
      		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
      		<!-- This code is used when the quantity box is visible to all customers -->
      		<p>
      		<span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
      		</p>
      		<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
      			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e" >
      				<!-- This code is used when the quantity box is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
      				<Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
      				<p>
      				<span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="4" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>" class="form_input_general" />
      				</p>
      				</Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
      				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >		
      				<!-- This code is used when the quantity box needs to hidden from retail customers -->
      				<Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<p><span class='actrequired'><Actinic:Variable Name="QuantityPrompt"/></span><input type='text' name='Q_<actinic:variable Name="ProductID"/>' size='4' value='<Actinic:Variable Name="DefaultQuantity"/>' class='form_input_general' /></p>"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
      Prices for online logged-in customers are now generated by the code in the 'Prices for Customer Accounts' group in the library. This is all handled by the Perl though so no other layouts are affected.

Comment

Nice to know Chris - I run each version increment in a separate Virtual PC as I didn't want to take the chance of something being different.

Comment

I noticed on mine that all product layouts were upgraded as part of the process.

Comment

Thanks Chris - so essentially just a couple of layout issues otherwise should (in theory) be OK.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
              Nice to know Chris - I run each version increment in a separate Virtual PC as I didn't want to take the chance of something being different.
              Just installed XP Pro onto a dual boot XP Home machine so as to install v8.5.2 (and then Virtual PC on that same machine) .. luckily had an unregistered XP Pro license but the disk was from 2002 .... now installing hundreds of patches to bring it up to date

What better way to spend a Sunday evening??

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont

What better way to spend a Sunday evening??
                are you open to suggestions or what that a rhetorical question?
                Tracey

Comment

No suggestions needed - there is no better way - currently installing update 54!!!

Bikster

Comment

well, you sure know how to live, eh?

I'm almost envious.... just almost...
                    Tracey

Comment

I know ... keep switching between the 2 machines to see the progress indicator moving and checking for new posts on the forum.

PARTTTTTTYYYYYYY

Bikster

Comment

well, whichever monitor has the forum on is wayyyyyyy more interesting!

Check out the lost sarcasm thread, for one
                        LOL
                        Tracey

Comment

One monitor only at home (KVM switch).

I missed the lost thread .. looks like a humdinger

Bikster

Comment

For next time Jonty.

Two things you might want to try.

1. You can (I haven't tried yet) make an disk image with Acronis or the later Ghost software versions (file type .tib) and then restore that backup into a new virtual machine.
                            2. You can install and run Windows 2000 Pro to run Actinic which is much lighter on space and much faster to load and patch.

I use both VMWare 5 and Virtual PC 2004. I've heard others have some issues with VPC 2007 - the vhd files are compatible - so I always use VPC 2004 instead.

Comment

Working...
                            X