Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with new site upgrade (WIP)

Hi Everyone,

After the christmas rush, I've finally got round to working on the upgrade to v8. Its kind of getting there, i'm just having to get all the products switched over to the new style which is a bit of a slog but hey-ho.

However, I've encountered a problem thats a tad worrying for me. I've got the site up in a test format using the "test mode" function and it was working ok but now I keep getting error messages as follows -

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The specified product (reference 3634) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

Now i've totally deleted everything from the test area, went in manually and got rid of all the files etc, from the cgi-bin, the test acatalog folder etc and done a full re-upload of the test site this morning and i still get this error.

the url is - http://www.thefilmstore.com/acatalog...as_Prints.html which will get you into the store. the only sections finished at the mo are canvas prints, postcards>film & t,v rock & pop, and movie stars.. everything else is WIP

I've cleared out the cache's in both firefox and IE and still get this problem. Can some one please test adding a couple of items to the site and see if they can get this error.

I'm concerned that this is an error that could happen on a live store and obviously I want to know how to fix it PDQ if it happens.

Any help, advice, pointers welcome.

Regards
    Simon
    www.thefilmstore.com - fun film stuff for film loving people
    www.classicopostcards.co.uk - wholesalers of postcards, magnets, mugs & more..

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...om+the+catalog
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Cheers Bill,

Will try this. I'm guessing its due to the fact that I'm working with most of my site classed as "deleted" I can't purge this as i'm busy working on them and only wanted to update whats actually been changed over.

I'll update later and let you know if this has solved the problem, thanks for a prompt reply though

S
      www.thefilmstore.com - fun film stuff for film loving people
      www.classicopostcards.co.uk - wholesalers of postcards, magnets, mugs & more..

Comment

Working...
      X