Euro Invoicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Invoicing

Is there a method of generating invoices for certain customers in Euro as oppossed to £ GBP?

I know there is the ability to have multiple currencies, but am unsure if this would confuse all customers who simply will be spending in £'s

You can change your base currency from pounds to euros, but you can't choose which currency you wish to invoice in. So for example you can't have your base currency as pounds and your second currency as euros and then invoice in euros or pounds - only pounds.

In any case I think you should invoice in the currency you took payment for otherwise you will have some conversion issues.

Norman's NorPrice add-in (www.drillpine.biz) allows customer to see only pounds (or base currency) normally unless they select to also have a second currency shown in brackets - it then picks the going exchange rate of whatever currency they chose automatically. (The invoice is still in pounds though)

Comment

But can I have items in store listed in either/both Euro and GBP

I wish to be able to sell the product in both currencies and collect monies accordingly

Example
      Product 1 sold in GBP
      Product 2 sold in Euro

Is this possible?

Comment

Short answer is no - the cart can show two currencies (not a different one for a different product though) but you only be charging/collecting in your base currency.

Comment

I am a little confused, and maybe disapointed.

I have customers who buy product from me in Euro, so I would like to raise invoices in Euro's

Most of my customers buy in £ GBP so I have the base rate set in GBP

Is there no way I can get the Euro price on the invoice from a fixed exchange rate, as this would save me alot of work and allow for these orders to be raised through Actinic and not manually.

Comment

The Euro amount converted to pounds taken by the PSP will change as the exchange rate varies hence it may not be the same as your invoice if you were to use a fixed rate.

Comment

Working...
            X