Adding a Component to a Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demalpas
    I thought the whole point of the forum was that if you confessed to already having read the help files (and in my case read and reread them) and followed the instructions to the letter and it still didn't work, kind, skilled people would give you advice instead of just saying - it is all in the help files.
    Funniest thing I've read all day
    http://www.kultya.com

Comment

Thanks Lee - had already tried that. It sure enough gives the component on a separate line but gives no option once in the cart to remove it. Having thought about it a bit more, that is probably correct since if you remove the mower associated with the petrol can, it removes the petrol can as well.

Comment

Adding Components to a Product - solving the price/VAT issues

My grateful thanks to Lee and Norman for their really helpful and skilled advice.

I have now, I think, mastered how to add components. I have found out how to add multiple components using separate select boxes (including showing the VAT inclusive price) in the slect box and also how to do the same using check boxes for each component. When using checkboxes, by fiddling around in the back end coding (using some of Norman's code - but changed a bit) I have managed to display the VAT inclusive price of each component on the product page - avoiding having to hard code it manually.

Actinic is new to me - but thanks to your help I am slowly getting the hang of it. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X