Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice dependant pricing live view ?

Hi all,

I thought v8 allowed a live view of choice dependant pricing but it appears not ?

What I need is something similar to this:

Choice 1 - colour
    Choice 2 - size
    Choice 3 - type
    Choice 4 - Grade

All with different prices that immediately change the total price of the item. Am I right in saying that there is no way of the customer knowing how much the total cost of the item will be until they add it to the cart ?

Thanks
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35701

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont,

Every time I look at actinic I find something else that it cannot do for me
      Personally I cannot see the point in choice dependant pricing if the customer has to sit in front of their screen with a calculator, or constantly adding / checking and removing from cart.

Im looking at a v8 upgrade plus 3 of Normans add-ons at the moment, just to get started.
      Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

This would be a great (essential) feature to generate the prices dynamically rather than entering them into the HTML field manually.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by newshopbloke
          Every time I look at actinic I find something else that it cannot do for me
          Can i suggest a more rigorous investigation into your chosen software next time?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Can i suggest a more rigorous investigation into your chosen software next time?
            Indeed.
            When I purchased v5 a long time ago it gave me roughly what I wanted but my business changed and I found myself having to add hacks / scripts / add ons / upgrades etc etc. Ive kept an eye on actinic in the hope that it will eventually give me the kind of shop that im looking for but it appears that I need even more features every time I look at it.

I dont think this software has evolved very well at all, just my opinion.
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

The main problem is that one of it's massive advantages (static html produced pages from a desktop) is also one of its largest weaknesses, as it removes a lot of possible dynamic solutions. If it moves too much away from that, it loses its place in the market and just becomes another in a rat race. That's how i see it anyway. I think a dynamic module and an SQL addon needs to be available in the future.

Comment

Thats my thoughts entirely, shopping on the web has evolved into a more interactive experience these days and with my particular trade it would be pointless just having a simple 'add to basket' as it would leave me miles behind the competetion.

I think actinic would do well if they wrote a seperate version for those who need more interactive features.

I would like to get something back from all the time and money I have spent on actinic so it looks like an upgrade and 3 add ons.
                Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X