Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Bundles and showing stock

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at creating some bundle products so for example a box of pens which contains 6 pens which are sold individually on the site and as part of a 6 pen bundle which will be slightly discounted.

I created a new product Pens Bundle 1 and added the 6 pens as components to the Pens Bundle 1 which I assume as the stock is monitored on the individual pens and I have selected for each of the component products that if the Pens Bundle 1 is sold to use 1 of each of the individual pens I assume that if the Pens Bundle 1 is sold it will deduct 1 of each of the component pens from stock, is this Correct?

Now if this works as I think above how do I manage the stock of the Pens Bundle 1 so that if any of the component pens are out of stock the Pens Bundle 1 is effectively also out of stock and can't be ordered?

1. Yes.
    2. You can't.

Create a discount group that fires when 6 pens have been chosen from it and simplify things. You're associating items to keep stock control, then expecting stock control on the main product because of the association. Not going to happen.

Only other way is to create the actual bundles and stock them as such, if you need a pen out of a bundle, then break the bundle up and decrease stock by 1.

Comment

is it not possible to have a variable or condition that checks if each of the of the components are in stock and if all of them are in stock have a condition that displays In Stock and if one or more of the componants is out of stock have a condition that displays Out of stock?

it seems to me that it should be achievable but i can't quite get my head around it enough to calculate all the different variables and conditions required to display the information.

Basically the setup would need to be something like:

How many components are within a product, check each component to is in stock, if all components are in stock display In Stock and if any componants are out of stock display Out of Stock.

Comment

Hi,

How many components are within a product, check each component to is in stock, if all components are in stock display In Stock and if any componants are out of stock display Out of Stock.
        If it is possible to do this then if would have to be done with PHP to be able to create the loop structure. I don't know if there are any PHP experts out there who could help you with this.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X