Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error exporting snapshot

Hi all

im having a problem exporting a site (V8.5.2) when it gets to the end of the routine, where we normally see the message "snapshot exported successfully, there were 18 errors" we now still get the same final screen titled "Summary Report2 but now we have no errors listed and the Next and Back buttons are greyed out with only cancel left as an option!

we have compacted the database and retried, still no good

when we tried to import this snapshot (after pressing cancel) we get a fatal error on import "not enough diskpace" but there is lots of diskspace

any ideas whats wrong here?

thanks for your help

Hi Barry,

I'm afraid that I've been unable to find a previous instance of this problem. I would suggest that you contact support if you have a cover contract or register an email ticket here so that we can get your site folder to see if we can replicate the issue.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Dang it im searching the forum for a solution to my problem of the snapshot not completing and the only thread i find is this one!

any ideas anyone? all i can do is press cancel at the end of the process and i dont trust that snapshot

Comment

Just an idea and it may not be relevant, but I had an issue making a snapshot some months ago and it stemmed from a custome variable I had created. If you've created any recently it might be worth deleting it, or reverting back to factory sectings and try again.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I don't know if it can help but I never needed to take a snapshot (all my attemps produced errors anyway). I found out that I could just use the ActinicCatalog.mdb database. Everything is in there.

I used to do that with a client, I would zip ActinicCatalog.mdb, send it by email (or transfer via ftp). Client would overwrite old file with new one and update site.

Smooth

Comment

Henri,

A bad idea for general use. No-one else should consider this. Everyhing is most definitely not in there.

A Snapshot contains everything the site uses (all images, css files, JavaScripts, Perl scripts, etc). ActinicCatalog.mdb is only one file out of hundreds in the Snapshot.

This will only work if your other site is a duplicate of the original one to start with. The moment you change a single image on the main site, you'll get a broken site on the destination machine.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I realize that. Now.

Basically we had the same files, and I was being extra careful to add every modified/new file to the archive. But snapshots never worked for me, so I had to find an alternative.

Comment

Working...
              X