V9 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren B
    You must, what if you only have one merchant account, or are you saying actinic will take over all the processing and pay it directly into the bank and you will supply 2 merchant account numbers
    If the bank in your case doesn't require separate accounts for CNP transactions then you can configure both CNP and Ecommerce versions of Actinic Payment to use the same account details.
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

OK that makes sense, thanks for clarifying

D

Comment

Probably a dumb question, but as existing users do we pay the full price to upgrade to V9? So is Business V9 is £799 for existing business users at v8?

I've been looking forward to some significant improvements for V9 and would consider paying the full fee if V9 was a major upgrade but improvements have not been made in some critical areas. I am seriously dissapointed that it hasn't addresssed the issue over the number of steps to order completion. Paying full price for this upgrade feels rather steep.
        http://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk
        Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

Comment

If you have Actinic cover it won't cost you anything, if not then it would be best contacting sales.

Comment

one good use of the actinic cover...

Comment

Just to rewind back to Jo's question back a little way in the thread:
              It keeps upgrading my Catalog site to Business Plus every time I switch from Business Plus to Catalog.
              Then I have to restart and relicense a new Catalog site, import my Catalog snapshot etc and avoid the Business Plus site.

In fact, it's now upgraded ALL my sites (designer, business and catalog) to business plus sites
              This looks like a bug to me. Business Plus should allow you to have all sorts of license keys for different sites when you are running in 'Standalone' mode (i.e. not sharing the data). It's only when you switch to shared mode that all the sites will be upgraded to Business Plus as you can't share Catalog sites.

Did you install/license a brand new Business Plus, or upgrade the one you used for alpha testing? If you upgraded it, I suggest uninstalling the whole thing and trying a fresh re-install and seeing if it still does it.

By the way - don't forget that a Business Plus site is identical to a Business site. The only difference is that Business Plus sites can be shared on a network.

Comment

A box for RRP and a You save amount would be ideal, even more ideal would be for Actinic to calculate the You Save amount (difference between RRP and Our Price) and even more ideal would be the RRP and You Save but with the option to specify a profit margin and Actinic to calculate the selling price based on the products cost. I'm probably expecting a bit much here from Actinic so I'll settle for a couple of boxes for RRP and You Save amounts if possible
                This kind of thing will probably end up in the advanced user guide/knowledge base. I imagine there's a way to work out the difference between the cost price/RRP and the selling price using PHP, and then displaying this value automatically.

Comment

so i take it then i dont need protx and streamline anymore? (i understood not needing protx)
                  as i understand it you will still need your merchant acct, actinic payments is just another PSP

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    This kind of thing will probably end up in the advanced user guide/knowledge base. I imagine there's a way to work out the difference between the cost price/RRP and the selling price using PHP, and then displaying this value automatically.
                    I'm not sure for a £400 or £800 + product we should not need to rely on php mods and users/developers for such basic ecommerce functionality

The addition of an RRP and You Save filed within Actinic would at least make life easier and the data could at least then be easily updated using csv and import (if the fields are mappable) so i'll be happy if we simply get the additional fields product database and simple little boxes appear within the general product details like the Cost Price has in v9.

Having the fields as custom variables makes life so much harder and slower especially if a supplier has a yearly price increase as you can't import the additional variables from a flat file and hierarchical is a real chore and it's probably easier to just manually go though each product.

Just another observation and possibly oversight in v9 is that when importing from a flat file you can't actually map any data to the products cost price. Just thought it would be worth a mention as it seems to have been overlooked.

Comment

It does look as if nCostPrice has been omitted from the linkable fields.

Comment

It does look as if nCostPrice has been omitted from the linkable fields.
                        Yep - we've clocked this one and it will be fixed in the full release.

Comment

Well, i have a friend here who wants to tell you all something very important.

Comment

Now THAT's who your avatar reminds me of......

Paul
                            http://www.amberwood.co.uk
                            Paul
                            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
                            X