Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping Location Early - How to request once, then hide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Location Early - How to request once, then hide?

Hi there,

I have 'request shipping location early' set up, but everytime the viewcart/addtocart is shown the shipping location selector is shown - this is after the shipping location has already been set.

Is there a way to have the <select> list disappear from the add to cart page once it has been set?

Also is the shipping location held in the actinic cookie set?

I would like to be able to read the shipping location on other pages and also set it.

I could set up something with a bit of javascript to create a location cookie each time the location field is set in actinic, this would allow me to find the users location on other pages around the site.. but I would like to also do it the other way round where I can set the location outside of actinic, so that customers dont have to set it on add to cart. Say if I have a global location selector/detector on my site which controls currency, language etc - In this case I wouldnt want actinic requesting the location on checkout, I would like to set it as my site already knows their location.

You can see a post a while back where I tried to do it by posting a form to os000001.pl but I could only set the location when adding a product to the cart.
    ->http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30279

Wondering if there is a way, I have yet to discover? Perhaps I can manipulate the cookies actinic uses?

Any one with knowledge?

Comment

Hi,

but everytime the viewcart/addtocart is shown the shipping location selector is shown
      I only get this when adding to cart. If I click 'View Cart' the location doesn't show. Also when adding to cart the location that I selected last is already set so I don't have to change anything.

Is there a way to have the <select> list disappear from the add to cart page once it has been set?
      I will ask our development team for you.

It is held in the cookie but after testing it, it looks like it isn't written to the cookie until the order is completed, but I'll also check this with the development team to see if you can easily manipulate the cookie.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is the same answer as before, it would take a major change in the scripts to get this working.

The shipping location is held in the session file (a sort of online cookie) that is stored on the web server and not written to the cookie on the customer pc until they have completed the order. Session files are held in the 'acatalog' folder on the server (*.session) and are created once a customer has done something on the site that runs a perl script. We do not recommend editing these files but you can open them in notepad to see the format in case you are able to create something to extract the information you require.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X