SEO Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO Question

I am using "Image Only - No Text Shown" for my Section Link Layouts.

If I put a Description in the Section Details will this be picked up by the search engines or will I be wasting my time?

will I be wasting my time
    Yes.........

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      Yes.........
      Why?...

Because Actinic creates static HTML pages based on your layout choices. If your layout does not include a description then neither will the resulting web page. The bots will therefore, not find any descriptions and your ranking will be pants.

Have a nice day
      "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Additionally it will be useless for usability issues too.

Not everyone will be able to tell from the images what the sections are and will not be able to go anywhere, especially blind users and those who browse with images turned off

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          especially blind users and those who browse with images turned off
          Thankfully Actinic now includes the ALT text with images for screen readers by default but that is still no escape route for some solid text for the SEO.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Thankfully Actinic now includes the ALT text with images for screen readers by default but that is still no escape route for some solid text for the SEO.
            Yes but that's from the product name so text in the description is still a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              Yes but that's from the product name so text in the description is still a waste of time
              The OP is about Section Images ... the ALT text is picked up from the section name for the blind users as mentioned by Jo.... but yes.... if you are not using a layout that includes the section description text it will not show on the finished site so is a waste of time entering.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X