Currency symbol - pound sign not recognised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency symbol - pound sign not recognised

I installed Actinic on my client's PC this morning and imported the snapshot that I had done earlier.

Everything was fine except for one thing - her version is substituting pound symbols (£) with 'L' throughout the site.

The Business settings are correct (ie use British Pounds) but I noticed that the currency symbol in the options window is also an 'L'.

I also noticed that if I tried to put a £ into some free text (eg a product description) it refused and just inserted a black block.

Her computer recognises a £ symbol because we typed it ok into a Word document. So it does seem to be something to do with Actinic's settings.

Anyone any idea what the L is going on?

Bob

please do a forum search using "pound sign" as your search term, there are many solutions already posted

Comment

Thanks, I searched on currency symbol and nothing useful appeared.

Comment

double click on the 'TaxInclusivePrice' variable (or whichever variable is being used) in the layout, then in the 'edit appearance' dialogue box that appears set the 'encoding' to 'HTML' - this should resolve the issue
        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm
          Thanks, I searched on currency symbol and nothing useful appeared.
          search on "pound sign"

Comment

As jo says search on the error ( Pound sign ) http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=pound+sign

Comment

I had better reply before my rather confusing earlier reply generates any more polite reminders to pay attention before hitting the send button.

What I should probably have said was something like - thanks for telling me to look for 'pound sign', I had previously searched on 'currency symbol' to no avail but I'll go and do it now.

I did indeed search on 'pound sign' which came up with lots of threads but none of them solved the problem.

However, a search on 'character set' came up with this:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=31385 (£ symbol changed to L) which is exactly the right answer.

Bob
              Last edited by bookworm; 21-Feb-2008, 04:52 PM. Reason: It worked!

Comment

Working...
              X