Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mail sent

Hi sometimes ago I post a thread for the same problem
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...highlight=mail.
    I contact again the host and they told me that now the server supports sendmail, so I theoritically send mail.
    I try to do it : I change the settings in Actinic to send mail for each order : no result.
    I try to send an email to me with Operations / list emails. It send the mail, but I didn't received anything !
    What can I check ?
    Thanks
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

Hi,

Make sure you have the correct settings for SMTP in the 'Web | Network Setup' window. Does the test pass?

If the mail is being sent but you are not receiving it then you should ask your host to track what happens to it when it hits their server. Maybe they could place a test order for themselves and see if they receive a confirmation email. They could then track it at their end.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey. Yes settings for smtp is correct (the same I use to send mail from my company).
      I asked my host to check to track what happen : the answer is : "it must come from your software !".
      Is it a way to be sure that the mail is sent ?
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

I had problems with this and it was because the email wasn't the same as the web domain.

In Business Settings/Company Contact the email address needs to be at your domain name.

Hope that helps

Jane
        Jane Thurnell-Read
        200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Is it a way to be sure that the mail is sent ?
          Usually, if there is a problem sending the emails from the website a message is entered into the 'error.err' file (Help | Troubleshooting | View Error Log). Looking at your online, I can't see any errors to do with SMTP, so I would assume that the mails are sent.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Jane. Email address is info@supreme.fr and domain name is supreme.fr, so it seems to be OK.
            Tracey, effectively there is no information in the error.err file. I also check this before, and no information on this side. So mails are sent, but they do not arrived !
            I contacted my host : he continues to tell me that it must come from my soft. He assures me that there is not problem on their system and the sendmail function works correctly ! What solution ?
            Didier
            www.supreme.fr

Comment

Hi,

I can only suggest that you either upload your site to a test area on another host if you can or you could upload it to our trial server and see if emails are sent. If they are then you can prove to your host that the software works as it should and that their server is at fault. You can register for a 30-day trial host account at 'http://trials.actinic.com/'.

I hope this helps.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey. I will try this and I will advise.
                Best regards
                Didier
                Didier
                www.supreme.fr

Comment

Working...
                X