Wishlists items in v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishlists items in v9

Have to say Actinic have incorporated a lot of the wish list stuff into v9 ... fair play to them. Sure not everything is there (anyone mention Google Checkout and I will throw Lee at them) but a whole raft of suggestions have made it in there.

My top 2 has to be keyboard shortcuts (will save no end of time when adding content) and a direct link to the stylesheet

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

GA is the top one for me - saves me loads of time

Comment

Yep, that is one of those nice little touches that is easy to overlook but is invaluable to everyone.

Bikster

Comment

GA is a nice little addition, not sure how it's more important than GC but still anything that makes even little things easier is always a welcome addition.

I like the offline order entry system and also the addition of the products cost price although i'm not overly sure at the mo what puprose it serves as it doesn't appear to have been included in any reports for profit calculations but i've not overly checked this yet so i could be wrong and the there also seems to be no facility to set the products sale price based on a a pre set margin which would also save countless hours when manufacturers have price changes.

With the addition of a few additional fields within the product details such as product RRP and Product Manufacturer this would really help with things like stock reports, creating orders for each supplier, and displaying various prices etc on the site where products are discounted from the manufacturers RRP and show the saving (ideally calculated by Actinc calculating the difference between RRP & Sale Price) the customer will be making by buying the product from the site.

Also really looking forward to further details regarding the Actinic Payments which sould to me to be an ideal solution from the little info i have on the service.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          and a direct link to the stylesheet
          I really like that one too, library and GA are others i like.

Comment

Just had a flashback!
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George the Prophet http://community.actinic.com/showpos...59&postcount=5

Bikster

Comment

PMSL G you have a memory and half

OK i wont mention GC as i really dont want lee being thrown at me.

D

Comment

Thought it was about time to start a thread on the good stuff.... as usual it oh so easy for some to find fault but harder to give praise.

My PayPal account Mr Dicken is jontybung@actiniclovers.com

Bikster

Comment

Do you have one of them christian fish stickers on the back of your Morris Minior as well mister?
                    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I do like to spread the word.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                        I do like to spread the word.
                        w o r d

Back OT:
                        Your "top 2" jont are perhaps indicative of the changes made in Actinic in so far as many of them are subtle changes to the user experience of the software rather than the big, canon-blast feature announcements we perhaps were all awaiting (apart from VAT).
                        These changes are possibly "growers" as we use the software more and more.
                        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

The new user interface is rather lovely I think and very well thought out, especially with a simpler (me) user in mind. It's great to get VAT fixed and I would value that over checkout and GC any day. The rest of the small enhancements are very nice, especially if you were starting a new site with Actinic.

I applaud them and think the slagging off has been unreasonable and overdone. You know how Ferrari went from nowhere in 96 to champions in 2000? They didn't make massive changes every 6 months. They built a stable platform and steadly improved the machine with incremental changes until it was the best.

I very much like v9 and can't wait for the full release.
                          Blank DVD
                          Cloth Nappies

Comment

I agee but the crux of all this, i think nearly everyone had hoped for a big supprise, yet in reality it was no different to every release except V8 with the radical new design interface. Perhaps some of us sad arse individuals had been looking for this excitement again, got nothing else to look forward to

I agree i like the niffty little features but i had hope the checkout would have been a priority like many upload is an issue to them, but not to me.

As for a off the shelf package it is certainly a powerfull tool and you can get any shop up and running i no time at all - All said before i know

Google Checkout (hides under the desk before jonty throws Lee at me)

D

Comment

I guess it comes down to which issue would you fix first, VAT, GC or checkout? For me it has to be VAT, followed by Checkout and then GC. I think we have 2 years before GC becomes an absolute must have feature. A smooth checkout in v10 and maybe GC will be worth waiting for. In the meantime, let's keep the platform stable and improve organically as we go.

You want surprises, go to a circus or wait until your birthday.
                              Blank DVD
                              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                              X