Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Base price in dollars

What a b**mer

After a long wait after submitting my products I find that I am getting listed at number 1 for a lot of searches on my products , but the price displayed is in dollars and not pounds.

I had a look through through the GB blog and it seems that I may have put my products on the US Base and not the UK . The thing is, I uploaded my products through the link to Base when I was logged on to my Google account. My account log in is from http://www.google.co.uk/.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My current link to GB from my account is http://www.google.com/base

How do I get to UK GB? Edit: Just found it http://base.google.co.uk and yep, no products in here, so I guess they must be in GB US?
    Last edited by Runner; 23-Feb-2008, 11:53 AM. Reason: found GB uk
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

When I log in to my Google account. I now have a link to Analytics, Webmaster tools and Base. The link to Base is google.com/base.

Any idea how I get this changed to the UK version?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

I had a similar problem and solved it by setting up the data feed on google.de to display euros so I'm guessing you will have to set your data feed up on base/uk, when I did this it deleted the previous feed on base/us
      www.satellite.ie

Comment

It sounds as if your Google account is a US one, set up a new one from the create an account link here

http://www.google.co.uk/base/help/sellongoogle.html

and then upload to there and it should all be fine.

... I guess you have already checked that the currency setup on your account is £ not $.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

... I guess you have already checked that the currency setup on your account is £ not $.

Regards,
          I tried this also Jan and it did not seem to make any difference when using a US based data stream, tried € and Euro. OT I find the site map generator very useful too
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Runner
            When I log in to my Google account. I now have a link to Analytics, Webmaster tools and Base. The link to Base is google.com/base.

Any idea how I get this changed to the UK version?
            It seems to be a google error that allows you to have a uk main account but it sends you to google.com/base. This happened to me and google sent me an email confirming they were looking into the error that caused it.

I follow the link from my google account to base but then replace the .com with .co.uk to take me to the uk base. Re-upload your file there. You also have to delete your upload from the .com/base area.

Hope that helps.
            www.quantumAV.co.uk
            Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
            Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

Hi Tony,

Lots of our customers have this same error and the solution has been to set up a new account from the .co.uk site and enter the feed details again, have you tried this?

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan, setting up the feed on google.de site has solved the problem for me as far as I can tell as prices display in Euro. Are the customers you mentioned using euro or stg as I'd speculate that setting up a feed on the Uk site would display in sterling in the same way as the US site displays in $

Originally posted by Jan
                Hi Tony,

Lots of our customers have this same error and the solution has been to set up a new account from the .co.uk site and enter the feed details again, have you tried this?

Regards,
                www.satellite.ie

Comment

That's what I was trying to say really Tony, to get the feed in your desired currency you have to set up your account on the appropriate version of google.

Regards,

Comment

No problem Jan. It seems a little strange that the currency is not determined by the country you enter as your location rather than what area you set your data feed up in. Google's European headquarters is here in Dublin so thought they would have been aware of this since we are in the Eurozone and there is no /base.ie website. Not everyone in the eurozone speaks German
                    www.satellite.ie

Comment

It's more google madness, that's for sure.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I have now set up the .co.uk account. I went to delete the feed from the US site but when I got there it was already gone......... and mysteriously transferred to the uk site. I then received a mail from Google stating that I had set up a US account and asking me to do what had already been done.
                        Regards,

Keith

Comment

I knew big G read these forums.

Comment

Working...
                          X