fragment layouts lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fragment layouts lost

I have a whole set of brochure pages made up of fragments using a certain custom fragment layout.

I have noticed that during a copy and paste to bring the fragment into a product page, i lose the fragment layout (it reverts to a default css layout) so each time i copy and paste i have to reset the fragment layout on the pasted fragment.

inconvenient...

Jo,

Can you set the custom layout as default fragment layout before beginning your copy and paste?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

this is a bug which cd knows about. See jont post today on the same subject

Comment

I get this too, have your most popular layout as the site standard one and it doesn't occur then.

Comment

this is a bug which cd knows about. See jont post today on the same subject
          Yep i saw Jont's thread which reminded me of this issue, i thought about adding it to the thread, but also thought it was a bit different.

I'll crosss reference the 2

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35974

Comment

Any other ideas/solutions?

Hi,

I've come across the same problem with copying and pasting sections and with dragging and dropping sections. I've built a page (section) that is a template for my product details. These pages have 7 fragments. There are 4 different layouts used.

If the copying & pasting worked it would be great. I can't set my most popular fragment as the default/parent because that still means I have to change the other fragments.

It also does it if I drag one of these template sections into another section. I've gone back and checked it on other sites I've built and the last 3 (I'm using 8.5.2) have the same quirk. Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: I've found that copying and pasting or dragging and dropping the section resets all fragment layouts, but if I shift-select the fragments, copy and then paste them into the destination section (existing or created) they retain their layouts. Isn't dragging and dropping one of the basic features of Actinic? I'm using the standard Works Best with Executive theme. This is a newly activated site with no customisations. What have I done wrong? Am I the only one this has happened to?

Comment

I think the problem with 'drag and drop' is that Actinic sees it as 'cut and paste' which could be why it has a different result to actually doing a 'copy and paste'
              I certainly think it's an area that doesn't work properly as it doesn't give the results that users expect from a 'drag and drop' move
              Tracey

Comment

EDIT: I've found that copying and pasting or dragging and dropping the section resets all fragment layouts, but if I shift-select the fragments, copy and then paste them into the destination section (existing or created) they retain their layouts. Isn't dragging and dropping one of the basic features of Actinic? I'm using the standard Works Best with Executive theme. This is a newly activated site with no customisations. What have I done wrong? Am I the only one this has happened to?
                I've reported this as a bug. I can also recreate it in v9.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Still a bug?

Sorry, just checking if this was still a bug or not. I'm still getting it but I wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed something on another thread where it was cleared up (in v9 or v8).

Could someone from Actinic confirm one way or the other?

Cheers.
                  OXLink Web Design (Oxford)
                  Actinic developers since version 3
                  01865 361696

Comment

Working...
                  X