Email Addressee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Addressee

I don't know if this carries over from V8 as I don't have that version. But a search for the correct term 'addressee' did not throw anything else up.

In V9 Customer Accounts, better than V7, there are now two fields for the customer's name - First Name, Last Name - and as these are filled, the next field 'Name' is completed for you.

However, when you go to send the Password email (and probably other emails, haven't got that far yet) the email is addressed to 'Name' when 'First Name' might be better.

Example:

First Name: Joe
    Last Name: Bloggs
    Name: Joe Bloggs

Email: Dear Joe Bloggs

Preferred: Dear Joe

Can this be editted in the Email template? I can't find 'First Name' in the Variables Reference Guide, or in the Library of Variables, or in 'Insert Variable', or in Help - I can only find 'BuyerName', which is what causes it.

Paul
    http://www.amberwood.co.uk
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Good point

You can use ContactInvoiceFirstName and ContactInvoiceLastName in the other emails, but I can't find an equivalent for the buyer name. I'll check with the team and get back to you.

Comment

Hi Paul

There's no variable for BuyerFirstName and BuyerLastName at the moment. I've asked for them to be added. I don't think it will make it into the first release though as we are heading towards the end of the beta program.

Comment

Working...
      X