Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies/browser problem?

Can anyone advise on this email:

"I'm having difficulties with your web site. When I go to 'Add to shopping cart' it tells me 'This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.' I don't understand this as it is the first time I have had this happen, I have even added your website to my list of recognized websites but to no avail. Please advise."

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like an IE6 issue to me which is known about but we've never really solved it, i believe it to be related to a security settings on their PC, but not enough investigation has gone on to get a definite. Tell them to try firefox or upgrading to IE7 as IE6 is a dying breed anyay, soon to become a minority use browser.

Comment

related to a security settings on their PC
      and having a privicy policy set correctly within actinic - loads of posts on the subject

Comment

I had the same issue with IE7 so installed it again and job's a good 'un

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Tell them to try firefox
          I have a note on all my sites saying "for maximum compatibility turn monitor off now"... once implemented it works on all sizes of monitors, PC & MAC and regardless of resolution and colour mode.

The above is available £10.00 per site.

Bikster

Comment

That's cheap Jonty - is that the new flat screen version or the older crt version.

Comment

It works on both now, took some serious coding to ensure backward compatibility with CRTs but finally resolved.

Bikster

Comment

Hi All,

Further to my original post on this, i had this email today...

Hi

I think that there must be something awry with your website. I cannot access the "basket" when using Firefox as a browser - I get the error message that "cookies" are used and they are being blocked. I checked my browser options and cookies were enabled and you5 website was not on the list of blocked sites.

I managed to place my order with IE6 - but just hate using it as it is so slow and unreliable. I have manged to use Firefox for ordering at numerous other internet optical sites so I guess the problem must be at your end??

regards

Prof. David Heeley

I there nothing we can do? I cant help but feel we may be losing business here.

Folk

Comment

Web|configure expiry periods

what have you got there? change it to 24 hours

Comment

What's the url?

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
                      Web|configure expiry periods

what have you got there? change it to 24 hours
                      It is now see if that makes a difference..

URL is:
                      www.binoculars-uk.co.uk

Thanks

Comment

Seems like it worked...

"Very odd - I tried again today out of curiosity (am using Firefox 3 installed on top of 2.0.0.15 or whatever) following your e-mail, and the website worked o.k. I was able to get an Opticron eyepiece into the basket, view the contents etc without any problems. Everything except go to the checkout (as I already have ordered the part). Nothing has changed on my machine - it might perhaps be something odd with security on our intranet here at work as they are always playing around with it."

Anyone know why it works?

Comment

Working...
                        X