Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error messages?

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a list of error messages that actinic produces that can be edited in design mode?

Im coming to the end of my site development and need to make sure that the error messages such no items in shopping cart are formatted.

My site was was built over an exisitng old design and the error messages need formatting as they clash with my new design.

Cheers, Ben.

Hi,

I have searched the forums but still cant figure out how to format the background colour of my error messages...

In the' ActinicConstants.pm' file the background colour appears that it can be editied here:

$::ERROR_FORMAT = "<TABLE CELLPADDING=\"10\" WIDTH=\"550\" BORDER=\"1\"
    BGCOLOR=\"$$::g_pSetupBlob{FORM_BACKGROUND_COLOR}\">" .
    "<TR><TD><BIG>%s</BIG></TD></TR></TABLE><P><HR>";

how do i change it to white (#ffffff)?

I have tired changing the value "%s" here in design text:

<table cellpadding="10" width="550" border="1" bgcolor="%s"><tr><td>%s

but it doesnt work if i input bgcolor="#ffffff"

It removes the background colour but leaves the bg code...

I need some help on this one please

Comment

Hi Ben,

To edit the background colour of the error messages go to 'Design | Text'. Click the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of the window and enter and 'ID' of 2178 and click 'OK'. This should take you to:
      Code:
      <table cellpadding="10" width="550" border="1" bgcolor="%s"><tr><td>%s
      Change the 'bgcolor' to your chosen colour, ie bgcolor="blue" in the 'current value' field.

I hope this helps.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your response.

i have changed the current value to:

<table cellpadding="10" width="550" border="0" bgcolor="white"><tr><td>%s

However if you look at the checkout process on my site: http://gfc.alphaclient.co.uk/

If you leave a required field out in the checkout process, it now doesn't display the errror messgae but the this?

#ff9933

I really cant work it out...

Comment

Sorry Ben, my mistake . Change it to:

<table cellpadding="10" width="550" border="0" bgcolor="white" dummy="%s"><tr><td>%s

It should use the colour in the dummy value instead of the last '%s' which will show the error message.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by benji_styler
            FORM_BACKGROUND_COLOR
            Just a stab in the dark but why not try Design | Themes | Advanced Themes Configuration. Select the Color Scheme tab and change the form background colour.
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Just a stab in the dark but why not try Design | Themes | Advanced Themes Configuration. Select the Color Scheme tab and change the form background colour
              That is not for error messages. That is for the cart table and 'Form Emphasis' is the header row of the cart table.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I tried what you suggested and its working fine now,

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X