No announcement yet.

Actinic Checkout - Speedup Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, can u clarify is this works with v9, if so how much and are there detailed installation instructions. Is there support for more than one psp yet?
    If a customer cancells the protx payment is the redirect addressed.
    Kind Regards
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Have installed the speedup .js files, however they seem to be causing issues when used in conjunction with lightbox, seems to do away with the lightbox effect and just load the image normally. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or even got a solution that i've overlooked?

Regards,
      Richard

Comment

Speed-up & Lightbox

Please note that I haven't used either of these with Actinic, but having used both jQuery (used in the speed up code) and lightbox together on a basic website you will need to make a modification to any code that uses jquery as so...

add the line: var $j = jQuery; the replace the $ in the jQuery scripts with $j

see here : http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_...ther_Libraries
        for more information.

If I get some time next week I will look at porting the lightbox code to jQuery as in my opinion it is lighter weight and more stable than the prototype.js based lightbox code.

Regards,
        Richard Cooper
        www.frozenskys.co.uk

Comment

help!

I am keen to simplify the cumbersome checkout process .. and remove the confirmation of add to basket button.

I have copied the two files across into the site1 directory and added some code .. I think the right code (copied from gif file above) .. into the main HTML page. Nothing happens.

Any ideas? Am I missing something? I am running on version 8.52.

(I am very happy to give a link if I can get this to work! )

Thks
          Christianne 4little1s.com
          Baby Bedding, Nursery Bedding & Baby Stuff for your little ones...

Comment

Try changing the Shopping mode to Quantity on Product Page rather than on Confirmation Page in Design|Design Options.

Comment

Checkout speedup - FireFox browser problem

Hi -

just when you thought this thread was dead!

I have Actinic 9. I have implemented the javascript code on www.worthydeal.co.uk. (will be providing a donation / link shortly).

It works great on IE7, but in FireFox the 'Next' button is rendered inoperative, so it is impossible for a FireFox (and Chrome) user to move to the PSP stage.

Has anybody else experienced this problem / have a fix for it?

Thanks

Comment

Please disregard the previous post - I had a <div> in the wrong place that IE7 tolerated but which FireFox didn't. The supplied code works fine in both IE and FF

Comment

Javascript switched off in browser

I noticed that wth this script installed, if the browser has javascript switched off, no checkout pages appear at all.

This happens on the Stinky Ink website.

Is this something that should be adjusted in the javascript code (i.e. allow normal checkout pages if javascript switched off in browser) or are there so few people out there who don't have javascript switched on in their browsers that it's not worth worrying about?

Comment

Originally posted by worthydealer View Post
                    Is this something that should be adjusted in the javascript code (i.e. allow normal checkout pages if javascript switched off in browser) or are there so few people out there who don't have javascript switched on in their browsers that it's not worth worrying about?
                    I would add a check to the page to see if javascript is enabled and if not display a message to identify the problem.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                    Custom Packages

Comment

Morning All,

I think we have taken a view that the vast majority have Javascript enabled. We do get one or two phone calls saying that they can't check out, but at least they ring us and process the order over the phone!
                      John Sollars
                      MD at Stinkyink.Com
                      Ph 01746 781020
                      Fx 01746 781698
                      Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

So maybe a little message would be helpful to the customer, rather than just acompletely blank screen coming up.

However, I wouldn't have any idea how this could be done. Anybody?

Comment

<noscript> Put your message here </noscript>

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Excellent Thanks!

Comment

I don't know if the code for this is still valid however I have been trialling it to see if it can help me skip the payment choice page (on a v8 store).
                              I keep coming up against the same problem in that the code fires and hides the display of the payment selection page but it doesn't then bounce on to the PSP bounce page and consequently on to PayPal

What I'm left with is a blank page where the payment selection should be.

I've double checked that the appropriate onLoad commands are in the <body> tag and also in the HEAD tags for the
                              Code:
                              document.formOCC.submit();
                              function but still end up with the same blank screen.

Is there any advice you can chuck my way?
                              Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
                              www.internetology.co.uk
                              Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Hi Jos,

Rob (my code wizard) is away from the office at the moment, but I'll pass this onto him on Monday and ask him to reply to you

Regards

John
                                John Sollars
                                MD at Stinkyink.Com
                                Ph 01746 781020
                                Fx 01746 781698
                                Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Working...
                                X