Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Class Price Displaying inc VAT

Hi,

Does anyone know if in V8 whether it is possible to get the shipping class costs in the checkout process to show as the inc vat price rather than the ex vat one.

I have searched on the forum and tried out the method that Bruce suggests in thread regarding V7.

I have worked it out (so long as the customer doesn't want to ship without
    VAT).

Open ShippingTemplate.pl ( C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\ShipControl\ShippingTemplate.pl ) with an editor like notepad, search for 'sub RestoreFinalUI' under this I located the line

ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost},

and changed it to read:

*ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost}*1.175,
    However when I uploaded the changes and tried going through the shopping cart process it caused a script error when tyring to proceed to the page with the shipping class selection on.

Has anyone managed to solve this in V8 at all?

Regards
    Jon
    www.designtoplease.co.uk
    www.getmeoutofahole.com
    www.toys4james.co.uk
    Located in Herts

Hi Jon

Can I suggest that you remove the '*' at the beginning of the line so it just reads:
    Code:
    ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost} * 1.175,
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for that I will check this tonight but expect that hsould resolve it.

Many thanks
      Jon
      www.designtoplease.co.uk
      www.getmeoutofahole.com
      www.toys4james.co.uk
      Located in Herts

Comment

I am trying to solve the same issue at the moment. After speaking to actinic support it appears as through shipping charges cannot be displayed including VAT.

However, after reading the above post, and then scanning over the script it mentions, can we not alter the following, to $::FALSE. I know very little about this script language so am probably totally wrong, but from the author comments it would appear this section is about displaying the cost of the shipping next to the option.

if ($::s_Ship_bDisplayPrices)
        {my (@PriceResponse) = ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost},
        $::TRUE,
        \%::s_Ship_PriceFormatBlob);

If we then alter the decription of the shipping bands (in business settings etc) to include the price of shipping, we can then display the cost of the selected shipping method including VAT.

Can someone who understands scripts please have a look at this and let me know if it is rubbish or if it will work.
        Jonathan

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Many thanks for that, it is all working fine now.

NB: although in the original solution it only mentions the one change I found that to get this to workI had to change both instances of

Code:
          ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost},
          in the ShippingTemplate.pl to:

Code:
          ActinicOrder::FormatPrice($$phashShipping{Cost}*1.175,
          Regards
          Jon
          www.designtoplease.co.uk
          www.getmeoutofahole.com
          www.toys4james.co.uk
          Located in Herts

Comment