Search Results Price Inc Vat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Results Price Inc Vat?

I've hunted around Actinic and the forums but can't find an answer. Is it possible to have the search results display the price including VAT and also set the serach by price to search by the products price including VAT?

None of our customers will be interested in knowing what the products price is excluding VAT and i think it's missleading to show search result prices without the VAT. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the price searched and displayed?

It appears that some sites display inc and some ex vat and nobody really knows why from what I have read. We kind of gave up on the whole search idea as it always displays ex vat on our site which is pretty useless to us. Unless somebody has come up with a solution?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Comment

This perl mod should be able to be done in v8 or 9:
      http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=20569

Comment

Thanks for that, i will give that a try and see how i go. It does seem amazing to me that something as simple as displaying search results prices including VAT requires a mod as i just can't imagine where it would ever be a more popular choice to display prices excluding VAT but i guess thats Actinic for ya

Comment

I agree that it should be a selectable option. Some people would want prices excluding VAT (B2B users) others may not have any tax set up at all in Actinic so the requirements may differ.

Comment

i thought all this VAT bollocks had been sorted in V9

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              i thought all this VAT bollocks had been sorted in V9
              The Americans claim they sent men to the moon but that never happened either

Comment

Hi all

this bug was discovered by our testing team a couple of weeks ago and will be fixed in the final production release. Thanks for reporting it though.

Comment

cheers for that Chris and nice to know it will be fixed. I wasn't overly looking forward to modding any of the scripts to be honest.

Comment

I dont know if this solution works for V9 as well but I resolved this issue in V8 using the suggestion in this post.

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...5&postcount=22

Regards
                    Jon
                    www.designtoplease.co.uk
                    www.getmeoutofahole.com
                    www.toys4james.co.uk
                    Located in Herts

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken View Post
                      Hi all

this bug was discovered by our testing team a couple of weeks ago and will be fixed in the final production release. Thanks for reporting it though.
                      Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but this does not seem to have been fixed in V9. Does anyone know if the workarounds suggested above are reliable for V9?
                      Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                        Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but this does not seem to have been fixed in V9. Does anyone know if the workarounds suggested above are reliable for V9?
                        The workround in the post from Design2please above this is the one we use, it's a simple database change.

Comment

In v9 you can set whether prices are shown including or excluding tax in teh search results.

Look for the 'Use Tax Inclusive Prices for Online Search' option in the 'General' tab of Site Options.

Yes - I admit - it's well hidden....

Comment

Thanks Chris
                            Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Working...
                            X