Product duplicates error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product duplicates error

I've been playing with V9 beta 2 which seems quite stable but I've noticed that product duplicates will not display images. Anyone found this too ?
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Hi there

I didn't get any reports on this in beta testing (I did have one customer talking about images not updating immediately, but nothing to do with images not appearing at all).

I think you have a specific problem that could do with investigation by support. As v9 is now released, you can get help from the standard support team.

Comment

I reported this, Chris...

Beta v9 IBBA:

Images aren't being updated in the duplicates when changed at the parent product. Going to duplicate settings and unchecking/ok/rechecking/ok image and thumbnail doesn't update them.
      Although, not being updated is perhaps a little misleading - since they were not being updated from the default image (which is blank).

It was fixed and the problem has cropped up again in ICLA along with duplicates loosing their variable values if the original's product reference is changed.

Comment

Hi Jonathan

When you upgraded to ICLA, did you bring in a new snapshot from v8, or did you upgrade your Beta 1 site to Beta 2?

If it's the former, I suggest you contact the support team as I cannot seem to reproduce this on a default site (I am assuming you have all the settings in 'Duplicate Field Configuration' set correctly).

The issue with duplicates variable values going missing when the product references are changed will be fixed in a maintenance release. So it might be worth hanging on until you start upgrading in earnest.

Comment

I tried both ways

Installing ICLA over the top of the previous beta was a disaster. It resulted in Actinic crashing when the layout button was pressed in the design window and creating a .dmp file.

A fresh install of ICLA and import the snapshot fixed this but resulted in the MOTO page option disappearing from the Select Page Type drop down in design view. The MOTO page works fine (even the VAT!) and the layouts are in the database - just not editable from the design tab! Not having my product key yet, I can't import the snapshot I just created to see if it fixes itself.

Comment

Installing ICLA over the top of the previous beta was a disaster. It resulted in Actinic crashing when the layout button was pressed in the design window and creating a .dmp file.
            Yes - unfortunately we were not able to support upgrading from the first beta as there was a difference in the database between the two versions.

resulted in the MOTO page option disappearing from the Select Page Type drop down in design view
            The 'New Order' form is not editable in Business, but is editable in Business Plus and Designer.

Comment

Working...
            X