X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Configuration Control for Protx Failed

Dowloading orders, receiving the following error message:

Creation of the configuration control for protx failed

The payment service provider PROTX control could not be created.

This credit card provider requires a CLSID of {AC085015-43EE-11D2-9520-080000511272}

Tried to go into the Payment and Security tab within Business Setting to check the configuration but receive the same message.

It is downloading the order but not the payment service provider information.

Vista - UAC??
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We are running Windows XP with v8.5.2 Business MU. It has been working fine through the course of the day but has started throwing the error this afternoon without any configuration changes on our part.

We did, however, last night backup, uninstall and re-install Actinic (on the advise of actinic support) in order to try to resolve another problem we had been experiencing.

Comment

uninstall and re-install Actinic
        Then you will need to setup PROTX again as this will have wiped the script changes you need to make.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. However, following our uninstall and re-install from yesterday evening the system has carried on working fine up until this afternoon. Perhaps another site backup, uninstall, re-install and import of the backup might solve the problem? We cannot even now get into the configure screen within Business Settings for the PROTX payment method, so perhaps it is more of a software issue than a configuration issue?

Comment

it may be that following the reinstall actinic did not upload the overwritten scripts to the server so it may have kept working ok until something triggered a file upload. What was the issue that originally caused the problem as the two may be related.

Comment

The original problem was that our VAT Summary Report failed to run and caused the application to crash. It was suggested that there may have been a problem in the install which could, possibly, be resolved with a fresh installation.

We did perform an upload at approx. 10:00 this morning and have been able to download orders throughout the day until 16:00 when the problem occurred (without an upload having taken place since the one at 10:00).

Comment

It may be a problem at protxs end. Give then a call in the morning and see what they say.

Comment

Seems to me to be a pc problem, CLSID is normally related to the registry, have you checked your online protx account to see if payments have been made. But apparently i talk crap so ignore me

From what i have read in your posts these errors are on your pc not from a customer?

D

Comment

When I've seen this error before, it's because PSPSetup.exe has not been installed.This is usually installed as part of a standard installation, but it can be missed if you untick the option during the installation. Could you check this.

Then once PSPSetup.exe has been re-installed, you will need to re-enter your username and password information into the Protx .pl file and then upload.

Comment

That might be why the registry cant find the key

Comment

Thanks for your replies. We did install the PSP files during the install and all was working fine for the first 24 hours. It just suddenly started throwing the error after a day of use.

We have, today, performed a full snapshot, uninstalled, reinstalled and imported the snapshot and, so far, all appears well!

Thanks for your help

Comment

Glad its sorted, it does sound to me to be a pc problem, you might want to keep an eye on your system if this happens.

As i said ealier, if you ever look at your registry file you will find these strings, if you get these messages then it is a local issue, along with not enough memory and cancelled by user which are other common errors people find.

D

Comment

Working...
                          X