X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with adjusting order

i have just done me upgrade, sorted the changes needed for website,
    uploaded all went well.

i have just gone to work through orders.
    On existing orders i cannot
    cancel a product within an order or cancel the order but keep details.
    cant add an adjustment in line items on order
    cant uncancel and order if i have done it in v8.

none of the options are highlighted on the buttons at bottom, nor are they active when i right click on a product.

any ideas?

Settings that allow this disabled in business settings possibly?

Comment

Some thing i have found is its just on orders brought in from v8, the orderes downloaded from v9, are not affected

Comment

v8 orders and v9 are not compapatable. The correct procedure would have been to download any orders into v8 then suspend ordering then upgrade website and download any new orders into v9

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          v8 orders and v9 are not compapatable. The correct procedure would have been to download any orders into v8 then suspend ordering then upgrade website and download any new orders into v9
          thats exactly what i did do, its every order in my records, apart from those recieved through v9 since i upgraded.

Comment

I've not got a live v9 site yet but I was warned during alpha testing that there was a comparability issue with v8 and 9 orders so I did not test that part of v9. Maybe someone else who has a live v9 site can comment better.

Comment

Not sure what is happening but i have checked a v9 site i am messing with and your right, it allows me to make and adjustment but you cant delete it

it allows me to cancel products and uncancel them though?

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                Not sure what is happening but i have checked a v9 site i am messing with and your right, it allows me to make and adjustment but you cant delete it

it allows me to cancel products and uncancel them though?

D

which orders are you on
                those which have beed updated from v8
                or those which have been downloaded through v9

v9 i can do everything
                v8 upgraded orders i cant do anything.

Comment

daft question, but you're not trying to cancel a shipped orderline and 'forgetting' to unship it first, are you?
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
                    daft question, but you're not trying to cancel a shipped orderline and 'forgetting' to unship it first, are you?

no, sorry, good try tough

Comment

sorry yer V8.5 orders are being trouble some, not messed with any v9 orders as this is only a test site at present.

D

Comment

right...well I've messed with a few processed orders from 8.5.1, upgraded in to V9 and I can unship, cancel, uncancel etc without any problems.

I can also UNcancel orderlines previously cancelled in 8.5.1 when they were imported..

I wonder, Andrew, are you using Vista?
                        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand
                          I wonder, Andrew, are you using Vista?
                          LOL, more to the point - did you specify the location of you site1 folder if you are using vista, mind you should not make much differnce (i said should not)

D

Comment

The order adjustment controls may be disabled for v8 orders if v9 is currently set to tax inclusive mode. It is a restriction due to the incompatibility of tax inclusive and tax exclusive orders. The same will happen if you take tax inclusive orders in v9 and then switching back to tax exclusive. Orders placed in different taxation mode will not be editable.

I hope this make things clear.
                            Zoltan
                            Actinic Software
                            www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

thanks Zoltan, the orders i tried it on have no tax set up, it allows me to add an adjustment but not delete it

D

Comment

Working...
                              X