Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about logs

Hi all

I am exceeding the current size of website permitted by my internet service provider and am looking to save some space.

I notice that Actinic appears to create a logs folder and in that folder I have some large files: access_log, access_log stats, oldlog_Apr.zip etc.

Can I safely delete these or are they an integral part of the site?

Thanks for any help.

These are not Actinic files, these are your website logs. Your host provides these so that you can analyse your website traffic.

Look for a FAQ on the hosts website, telling you how to use and manage these logs, and talk to the host about options to reduce the size by archiving data regurarly.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I tend to download mine to the local computer for running through Saw Mill analyzer and then delete the remote to let them start again from scratch.

As Bill says most servers will archive / purge them after a given period to reduce bloat - this may be in your admin panel or it may need server side intervention to set up.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi, i had this issue last week. The error.log file was over 20mb and taking up space. I had to have the host to purge the file for me. Worth downloading first though for your own records. You need to keep an eye on the error log file size from time to time. If you cant delete it yourself get your host to do it.
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
        X