Design snapshot import causing fatal error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leehack
    Having worked largely bug free and very smoothly for a number of months on 8.5.1, it's probably just sods law balancing up the scales as 8.5.2 seems to like taking chunks out of my derriere.
    Remember v7 when you just emailed an Act_Template.html to someone ... they placed it in the site1 folder and it worked. All the time. Every time. (sighs)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Remember v7 when you just emailed an Act_Template.html to someone ... they placed it in the site1 folder and it worked. All the time. Every time. (sighs)
      Only too well - I have been doing some v7 updates recently and its soooooo easy compared to V8, throw in the protx bollocks as well and its almost unworkable IMO.

I also remember that we all highlighted the problem in V8 beta testing nearly 3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
        we all highlighted the problem in V8 beta testing nearly 3 years ago
        Shhh.. Jo has only just got over the trauma of it all.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Lee
          I create 5 or 6 of my own fragment layouts and name these a bit more intuitively to help people out. I update the selector to use my new layouts and remove the ones they replace. I also order the options logically on the selector. I then take a PDS which includes ALL fragment layouts AND the selector (the bold option). When i import that PDS, it brings in the new layouts BUT it does not bring in the updated selector.
          Hi Lee - I've just tried this on my 9.0.0 transferring two custom fragment layouts and the 'FragmentLayout' selector from one site to another and it worked fine. Could you test it as well? As this is a v9 forum I'd like to ensure that you are happy it is working in v9.

Comment

Hi Chris

My first V9 build is due to be started in about 3 weeks, so i will certainly check things before i start, however if you say it works for you, then that's fine by me. I haven't even got the release version of V9 loaded on my system yet.

My issue is on 8.5.2 at the moment as i am still building in this version until after maintenance release 1 of V9. However, if V9 works that's all i am bothered about, as 8.5.2 development will dwindle for me now i expect.

I will let you know, cheers for the reply.

Comment

Working...
            X