General Winge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Winge

I am not sure whether these are bugs or whether I am doing something wrong. If they are bugs then you are looking at one unhappy camper after spending the best part of £1000 on software you expect to work out of the box.

I have created a horizontal Top Level Section Navigation Link (Thanks Norman) that runs underneath the store logo. All working fine until I add an extra section when it wraps around before reaching the right hand side of the window. Working out that this is due to the table being split in to 2 columns with a '&nbsp' in the right hand cell, I need to merge the 2 cells together.

Simple I thought - select edit in dreameaver - merge the 2 cells - submit the changes.

Problem Various variables and formatting instructions now in plane text all over the place - must have done something wrong.

Simple I thought - Press the Undo button

Problem The undo button is now greyed out.

After reloading a snapshot I selected edit in dreamweaver then submitted the changes without actually changing anything with the same result - artifacts all over the place.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

the undo button only works for changes done within actinic to undo the changes you did in dw you must go back into dw and undo them there.

Comment

As this seems to be a simple edit, try doing it in the Actinic Design Tab.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The undo button seems to grey itseld out just when you need it!

Reversing the changes in Dreamweaver made no difference. Simply opening the file in Dreamweaver, not changing anything, then going back to Actinic causes corruption. I'll get in touch with Actinic after the Bank holiday if nobody else is having the same problem.

I have had a go at editing in the design tab but didn't get it right. My plan is to strip out all the blocks that don't do anything (Outer layer based on Wizard) to make it easier to read.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Sounds like you have not registered the design correctly

Comment

Maybe I am doing the registering wrong - here's what I did.

In Actinic I copied all the code from the design window and pasted it into Dreamweaver then saved it to the Site1 folder as actinic-design.html

I then registered the design in Actinic from the DW menu and chose All Selectors, called the design ExternalDesign and pressed Register

Switching back to Actinic I found the design to be corrupted as before - see the attached screengrab.

Am I doing this right?
            Attached Files
            Unusual Silver Jewellery
            Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
            Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

totally wrong - start again by first Reading the help files. Also every possible question has been answered on the forum about how to register designs.

Create design in dw - save in actinic folder - register - insert actinic content using dw extension - save. There is no need to copy and paste all that will do is duplictate stuff and lead to errors being generated.

Comment

You are making a complex mess of things doing it like that - the external design registration is for when you have created a raw HTML page in DW and it has never seen actinic ... for what you are doing simply hit the "edit in DW" link or edit manually inside Actinic

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I started by just hitting the Edit in DW button thinking it would work but was advised the design needed registering first.

I will try searching the forum again and see what I can find. I didn't actually want to do the complete design in DW, just tweak a table, so assumed I didn't have to go down the registation route.

Although it has taken me 2 days I have now managed to merge the two cells I wanted in the design tab
                  Unusual Silver Jewellery
                  Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                  Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

if you are using the edit in dw function then you need to press the submit changes button in dw to send the changes to actinic. Registering a design and editing on dw are completely separate functions so it looks like you have been mixing the two. I would do some practice before progressing and making things worse as you can introduce errors that will affect your site later.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to try and help Mal.

I am now on a different computer to the one I tried to register the design with. Dreamweaver MX was already installed before I installed Actinic Business 9 and version 9 is selected in DW.

I have hit the 'Edit Layout in Dreamweaver' button whilst on the outer layout and DW has opened up to show the page.

I then selected 'Submit changes to Actinic' from the Actinic menu (without changing anything) and switched back to the Actinic application.

The page preview now shows the formatting info in the actual preview rather than hidden away in the code view.
                      Unusual Silver Jewellery
                      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                      X