Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keywords

Can you advise me if i have to manualy add keywords when creating pages for my online web site or does actinic do this automaticaly?

Thanks

you have to manually enter them, they are on the Details-tab

Comment

ok cool found that, so i suppose when adding a new product the title and description of that product act as keywords themselves then?

You just have to add the title and descriptions for keywords when adding a new section?

Thanks

Comment

When you add a product nothing is added to the meta keywords which appear on that pages <head> section of the page.

You may be confusing keywords (these are added manually at the section level) and key words .... these are used in the product name / description and are literally "key" words to describe that item to help the search engines and your users.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i noticed that i have not filled in the title and keywords on the section pages, do these play a very important part within Actinic for search engines?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by otiz
            i noticed that i have not filled in the title and keywords on the section pages, do these play a very important part within Actinic for search engines?

Thanks
            yes..........
            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

you need to remember that these SEO concepts are not unique to Actinic, they are the essentials of good "Search Engine Optimisation."

Actinic allows you to add these techniques to the pages, but its up to you to work out good and bad practices.

Before stumbling on blindly inside actinic, google SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and read up about the sort of things you need to allow for within actinic.

once you have found things out in the web, use the search on the actinic forums to find the answers, most of the questions have been asked, most have been answered

Running an e-commerce site is not just about being able to add components to your shop, you are running a business and you need to drive the customers to your shop.

Not many people succeed without doing fundemental homework first and then applying it to their business.

By all means ask questions, but be prepared to get the standard sort of answers "search the forum, search the web" and so on.

the answers will be similar to the last one "yes ...." probably meaning "do some homework.

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                yes..........
                A mild understatement!

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I have been uploading meta keywords and descriptions into my website but how can I check if this has been succesful? If I right click on my homepage and go to view source they are not appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reindeer
                    I have been uploading meta keywords and descriptions into my website but how can I check if this has been succesful? If I right click on my homepage and go to view source they are not appearing.
                    By confirming they do not show via 'view source' is the process to check whether they have been successful. Download firefox and firebug addon, makes reading code easier so you can confirm they are definitely not there and not just being missed by you. You can also do a edit-find (in view source) on the words, see if they are found as a quick check.

Comment

There was a bug in early verson of V8 so make sure you are on the latest version

Comment

Working...
                      X