Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Drive crashed. Need my sie from the web!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Drive crashed. Need my sie from the web!!

Hi All,

If I FTP all the website files to my puter, Can I plug them into actinic site folder?? The latest snapshop I did to CD backup was a while ago. Please advise on how to do this. Not worried about orders, just content.

Thanks!!
    Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

nope............. unless you have a copy of an acd or the entire site1 folder your pretty much stuffed

how crashed is yoru hd there may be a way to recover
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Fried....................

No way to plug the folders back in??
      Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

Comment

as always do a forum search and you will see that it is impossible to get the site from the server.

Comment

What Gareth is saying is, how bad is the hard drive, can you not stick it in another pc and copy the files from it, just because you cant boot from it does not mean its trashed.

There are other companies out there that can take the data from the hard drive, it aint cheap but it could save you a lot of time.

i guess the moral of the story, and is preached all the time "BACK UP's"

Comment

You can get the images down but that is about it... which is just as well otherwise your site could be open to all manner of vulnerabilities if someone could download content and redirect to their PSP for example.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by valley decor
              The latest snapshot I did to CD backup was a while ago.
              This should be one for the wish list ... the ability NOT to back up to the same physical drive as the Actinic folder.

All the backups in the world are no good if on the same drive that dies, catches fire or walks out of the door on an heroin exchange scheme.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Can I recommend for future occasions, an online back up? It means that your acd site back ups and all other Actinic folders are sitting there, to be downloaded should the worst happen.

I've been using Back 2 Go for years, and also now have Carbonite online back up (cheaper but not UK-based).

While it might seem over the top to have two running, I prefer not to take any chances. Certainly, when I needed to re-install Windows, it was very reassuring to know my data was all safely elsewhere.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You could of course keep a backup on your site server space as well.

Comment

You can even use actinic to upload a snapshot to your server for safe keeping - LOADS of options out there also lots of threads on the forum to work through on the subject

Comment

Working...
                    X