Navigation dropdown not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation dropdown not working

I have a navigation dropdown at http://www.healthandfitnesssuperstore.com that when used goes to http://www.healthandfitnesssuperstor...CTION=SHOWCART whatever section you chose.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Looks like the HTML for the drop down has been copied and pasted from the preview HTML.

It is showing

HTML Code:
    <option value="../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=SHOWCART">Shop By Categories</option>
    which is clearly wrong. Check the HTML code that is creating the dropdown in your design tab. It should contain actinic variables, not just hard coded html.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

You are using Actinic JavaScript arrays to produce that navigation. This come from the file Act_section_tree.js. For some reason your file contains
      Code:
      var section_tree = new CreateArray(2);
      section_tree[1].sName = "Shop By Categories";
      section_tree[1].sURL = "../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=SHOWCART";
      section_tree[1].sImage = "";
      section_tree[1].nSectionId = "1";
      section_tree[1].nImageWidth = "16";
      section_tree[1].nImageHeight = "16";
      section_tree[1].pChild= new CreateArray(29);
      section_tree[1].pChild[1].sName = "Amino Acids";
      section_tree[1].pChild[1].sURL = "../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=SHOWCART";
      And those URL entries are what would be used while Previewing.

There were problems with this file not being updated with the site upload in early V8 but you're on 8.5.2.

Try doing a site refresh and see if that fixes it.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Looks like the HTML for the drop down has been copied and pasted from the preview HTML.

It is showing

HTML Code:

<option value="../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=SHOWCART">Shop By Categories</option>

Where do you get that from? This is what I see.

<script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(ACT_DropListBox(section_tree))</script>
        when I look in Actinic and I see the following when I look at the source code:

<script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(ACT_DropListBox(section_tree))</script>

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          You are using Actinic JavaScript arrays to produce that navigation. This come from the file Act_section_tree.js. For some reason your file contains
          Code:
          var section_tree = new CreateArray(2);
          section_tree[1].sName = "Shop By Categories";
          section_tree[1].sImage = "";
          section_tree[1].nSectionId = "1";
          section_tree[1].nImageWidth = "16";
          section_tree[1].nImageHeight = "16";
          section_tree[1].pChild= new CreateArray(29);
          section_tree[1].pChild[1].sName = "Amino Acids";
          section_tree[1].pChild[1].sURL = "../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=SHOWCART";
          And those URL entries are what would be used while Previewing.

There were problems with this file not being updated with the site upload in early V8 but you're on 8.5.2.

Try doing a site refresh and see if that fixes it.
          I have refreshed the site in the past and it fixes it but then a couple of days later after another upload it reverts to the same error.

Comment

The file Act_section_tree.js is created from the line
            Code:
            <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptArray" value="All Data From All Sections" />
            Which should be in the HEAD area of your overall layout. Check that you have this.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
              The file Act_section_tree.js is created from the line
              Code:
              <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptArray" value="All Data From All Sections" />
              Which should be in the HEAD area of your overall layout. Check that you have this.
              The layout code "All Data From All Sections" is there with a value of <script type="text/javascript" src="Act_section_tree.js"></script>

Comment

OK all seems to be in place but not working right. Time for Actinic support I think as the problem seems to be in the code generation.

Comment

AS Norman said, Actinic is uploading the javascript array file which incorrectly contains links to the preview pages.

The bug I think Norman might be referring to was regarding having a version of this file in the site1 folder. Do you have a Act_section_tree.js file in your site1 folder? If so, what are the contents?
                  i.e. does it show
                  Code:
                  in it?

This file should be generated by Actinic dynamically at upload time, therefore you could simply try deleting this file from that location to force Actinic to make a new one (what it does during a refresh)
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw

This file should be generated by Actinic dynamically at upload time, therefore you could simply try deleting this file from that location to force Actinic to make a new one (what it does during a refresh)

OK, I will delete this file and refresh the site and see if it works.

Comment

Deleting Act_section_tree.js and refreshing the website has sorted the problem. If it re-occurs on the next upload I shall try tech support.

Comment

Working...
                      X